Beginners and Beyond

Happy New Year Mondailies (Read 23 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ok. I will start.

5k run with hubby today to keep up our tradition.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 with 5 x 4 min at 5k-ish effort. Considering how awful my runs have been recently, this went pretty well. Granted the bar was pretty low and I was happy just to get through the whole thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran the Cheers to the New Year 5K. No leg issues today.

ETA: Happy New Year!

Damaris

DavePNW

Passed up a couple polar plunge opportunities to sit on my ass in my warm house. Also, saw one of my Strava friends who was running the parkrun course—every hour, on the hour, starting at midnight last night and presumably continuing the rest of the day. I thought maybe I’d go join for a few. But then decided I’d rather just go for 7 miles on one of my regular routes, watch football, and generally do fuck all the rest of the day.

P.S.: Happy new year!

Dave

sdWhiskers

Passed up a couple polar plunge opportunities to sit on my ass in my warm house. Also, saw one of my Strava friends who was running the parkrun course—every hour, on the hour, starting at midnight last night and presumably continuing the rest of the day

Runners are weirdos.

sdWhiskers

I ran the Cheers to the New Year 5K. No leg issues today.

Yay!!!

sdWhiskers

We watched the East Coast ball drop then went to bed, as one should. Ran 6.5 miles in full sunshine this morning. Planned to retry the 12 x 400 from last week but lol, no. Ended up basically just alternating a little faster with slower. Saw like 10x more people out jogging/walking than normal. Keep it up, neighbors!

When you think Citrus bowl, do you think Cheez its 

DavePNW

So glad to see Oregon demolishing Liberty. Not that there was much doubt, but I really wanted a humiliation.

Dave

2 warmup over dirt bumps… Yuki, son’s dog staying with us, desperately wanted out at 4:05am, so I’m tired today.  Too many up at 4 days in a row, really need to sleep to 5:30

Baboon

delicate flower

So glad to see Oregon demolishing Liberty. Not that there was much doubt, but I really wanted a humiliation.

Kind of disappointed it wasn't more of a blowout.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy New Year, frens!!  I ran 8 miles early this morning and did a one hour bike workout this afternoon while watching the aforementioned college football game.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I raced a 5k today.  The good news is no lingering issues from the abductor problem.  On the flip side, I managed only an 8:16 pace for 5k while five weeks ago I managed to run 7:47 pace for 5 miles.  Though I wish I could understand how that happens, I've learned sometimes there are good days running and sometimes there are days that aren't as good and it's as simple as that.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

Oh man that was nerve-wracking! Go Blue! As much as it pains me to say that…I can’t stomach the thought of Alabama in the championship.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh man that was nerve-wracking! Go Blue! As much as it pains me to say that…I can’t stomach the thought of Alabama in the championship.

How did you manage to live in Michigan? Or were you in the Michigan State area?

DavePNW

How did you manage to live in Michigan? Or were you in the Michigan State area?

I was in Detroit, which has a mix of both. But it was tough!

Dave