Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #124 (Read 29 times)

bluerun

Super B****

LOL  That is so me also.

Yesterday, I ran 15 and planned to just run west until I hit the ocean, then run north/south until I was done. I ran through a college campus and took out my phone probably 6 times to check the map or else I might have ended up like you 

Once I realized I actually was in Queens, I took out my phone -- while running, because I'm not stopping during a virtual race -- to navigate back home. It was convenient that I'd have enough miles, but I didn't want quite that many! Oh well... at least I took out my phone when I did 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles. Lots of people out even though it wass cloudy.

sdWhiskers, nice miles!

Bluerun, at least it wasn't an extra 13.1

LRB

I ran 7.

Except, thanks to two oblivious dip shits on bikes who were drafting behind me (I finally stopped to let them pass), I ran .17 of those 7 miles with my watch on pause ffs. Then came home and drove my car in the parking lot with my watch on to make up the missing distance.

sdWhiskers

Then came home and drove my car in the parking lot with my watch on to make up the missing distance.

LRB

My 7 mile run from point to point was 6.83 because I ran a portion of it with my watch on pause. I could've adjusted that here but not on Strava or Garmin. I also could've run .17 extra miles but I wasn't in the mood for that, so I drove it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, forgot to ask yesterday, if the stores run out of bags and you can't bring your own, what do you do with the groceries? Put them back in your cart loose?

sdWhiskers

My 7 mile run from point to point was 6.83 because I ran a portion of it with my watch on pause. I could've adjusted that here but not on Strava or Garmin. I also could've run .17 extra miles but I wasn't in the mood for that, so I drove it.

I understand what you did. I don't understand why you did it!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sdWhiskers, forgot to ask yesterday, if the stores run out of bags and you can't bring your own, what do you do with the groceries? Put them back in your cart loose?

She can have the bag in the trunk and bring them with the cart. That’s what I do when I forgot my bags.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I understand what you did. I don't understand why you did it!  lol

To know and record the exact distance.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Yes, exactly. And then put them in your own bags back at your car.

So basically what I've done at Target for the past 2 years because I never remember to take bags in there 

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, at least it wasn't an extra 13.1

I think at that point it's time to call an Uber

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

She can have the bag in the trunk and bring them with the cart. That’s what I do when I forgot my bags.

Good point. I had cleaned out my car, so the bags are sitting in the house.

At least Aldi & Lidl let you grab boxes for free. I haven't gone to either store since all this crap happened, I see the line outside Aldi most days when I run. It's a small store & distancing is going to be nearly impossible.

bluerun

Super B****

Just like Costco!

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes, exactly. And then put them in your own bags back at your car.

So basically what I've done at Target for the past 2 years because I never remember to take bags in there 

Target I make sure to take something in since you get 5 cents for your own bag.

sdWhiskers

Target I make sure to take something in since you get 5 cents for your own bag.

It's funny, I don't care about getting 5 cents but I'm certainly not going to pay 5 cents for one of theirs!