Beginners and Beyond

Nope: Not Today TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

I woke up before the alarm actually. Sitting in darkness and silence while drinking my one cup of coffee for the day, surfin' the net, I decided that I didn't want to go out in that nonsense, so I didn't. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 miles tonight.

Training started and first thing I see is the AG Sessions having breakfast. Oy.

Damaris

delicate flower

FYI, 364 days until the Boston Marathon.  I've already started weather stalking but it's proving difficult to find a reliable forecast at this point.  I'll keep looking though.  I wonder how many people will leave the B&B between now and then because they'll get tired of hearing me talk about it.  How come BAA hasn't posted pics of the 2019 jacket yet?

I swam before work.  I will bike after work....indoor vs outdoor TBD.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

201 days until the NY Marathon.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 14.1 miles in clear and crispy conditions.  All that marathon talk yesterday must have gotten to me, I just wanted to run long.

That gets me to nearly 44 miles running in the last 7 days.  Everything feels fine, but I'll be biking for at least the next couple of days.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

FYI, 364 days until the Boston Marathon.  I've already started weather stalking but it's proving difficult to find a reliable forecast at this point.  I'll keep looking though.  I wonder how many people will leave the B&B between now and then because they'll get tired of hearing me talk about it.  How come BAA hasn't posted pics of the 2019 jacket yet?

I swam before work.  I will bike after work....indoor vs outdoor TBD.

The New York SRI CHINMOY 10-Day starts at noon today. There's still time to get to the starting line.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

MY KNEES.

If I want to see my official photos (which may or may not exist), I will have to sift through millions of unidentifieds.  Awesome.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Good morning, runners. I've got 6 on the 'mill in a little bit, and probably a chiro visit in the near future, as my back has been giving me fits of rage and spasming. Good times. Since we're doing an official countdown to our respective marathons, mine is also 201 days (although mine's not NY).

Speaking of marathons, I know the answer will vary widely, but what's your bare minimum average weekly mileage you'd consider acceptable for marathon training? And peak mileage?

Lastly, for your marathon training, what does it consist of? Do you keep VO2 max, tempo runs & MP runs? Or focus more on tempos? Love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My son placed 2nd out of 2 boys 13 & under at the 7k race on Saturday.  It seems that's still good for an AG award, which will be mailed to him.  He's going to be thrilled, and I suspect he'll remind me that he's the only family member with an AG award.  ;-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

onemile

201 days until the NY Marathon.

shit. I better stop fucking around.

Oy. It's gonna be a looooong year. At this point I am less worried about weather or jacket stalking, and more worried about hotel stalking. I have been checking periodically for a while, and virtually everything has shown booked. However I know hotels often don't open up reservations before 1 year in advance, so I figured more would open up now. But they haven't. Only a small handful show available, and of course most in the $500+ range. Any tips are welcome. I might have to crash on a piece of exercise equipment in Baboon's basement.

7 miles with 11 strides.

Dave

onemile

Oy. It's gonna be a looooong year. At this point I am less worried about weather or jacket stalking, and more worried about hotel stalking. I have been checking periodically for a while, and virtually everything has shown booked. However I know hotels often don't open up reservations before 1 year in advance, so I figured more would open up now. But they haven't. Only a small handful show available, and of course most in the $500+ range. Any tips are welcome. I might have to crash on a piece of exercise equipment in Baboon's basement.

7 miles with 11 strides.

If all else fails, the hotel bookings for Boston through marathontours.com opens on May 15th. I think they should have some in the $300/night range.

If all else fails, the hotel bookings for Boston through marathontours.com opens on May 15th. I think they should have some in the $300/night range.

Yup, I was keeping that as an option. I checked their website and saw no reference to Boston 2019. I see it now - they must've just added in the last 24 hours.

MTA; I was wondering how they handle cancellations. It's this (dates for the 2018 race):

All cancellations received:
                            - From your time of booking and before January 1, 2018 will be charged a $20 handling fee.
                            - On or after January 1, 2018 and before February 1, 2018 will be charged a $40 handling fee.
                            - On or after February 1, 2018 and before March 1, 2018 will be charged a $60 handling fee. 
                            - On or after March 1, 2018 and 7 days prior to your arrival date of your hotel reservation will be charged one nights' room and tax. 
                            - Seven (7) days or less prior to your arrival date, you will be charged the room and taxes for the total nights of your reservation.  For example, if you booked three nights and canceled five days before you were to arrive, MTT will charge your credit card on file for the three room nights plus tax.

So maybe still worth locking something in, and forfeiting $20 if a better deal comes along.

I suppose no one else here GAF about any of this - I don't think anyone other than Baboon and me are planning to run it next year.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

shit. I better stop fucking around.

LOL!  Don't let that NYC group drag you down. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

KCRuns

Well, if we're counting down to marathons today, I have 24 days until Starved Rock 

Today is a run commute day.  I misjudged the time I had and the turn-around point this morning, so I ended up with 4 easy miles on the way to work.  Which is fine since I'll get at least 2.5 more on the way home, more if I don't have to work late.

Speaking of run commuting, has anyone heard from Cyberic?  Is he okay?