Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES Somewhere (Read 34 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Whatcha got, runners? Run, rest, eat, sleep, drink, work, play?

Inquiring minds want to know.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Long run on tap this morning. Hoping to do some of it with a group that runs from my Y, but I would image more than half will be on my own. Shooting for 18 miles.

on my way to badass

Holiday 5K today with family.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Good morning ladies!

I get to run today, OUTSIDE!  And yes, I AM YELLING IT AT YOU!  It is 40 minute drive to the park to do it, but Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care lol!

Just B.S.

LRB I hear ya! I got to run outside Thursday for  the first time in 9 days. 7 miles of slipping skidding and tiptoeing in the dark on snow covered roads but it was so nice to get off the mill.

It has  either been snowing or bitterly cold for 10 days.

However today we are getting freezing rain again, this will make the 4 th storm in 7 days  it is predicted to last for up to 3 days.

We have at least 3 more months of this ahead woohoo!!!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would like to get one mile in today, but with 100% downpour and some of it being thunderstorms I have a feeling it will be inside and around tables. Looks like tomorrow's 11-12 miler will be on roads (if they aren't flooded), as trails all around here and in Indiana itself are either flooded or just disgustingly muddy. I am tempted to try John James Audubon State Park which is just across the river, a 15 minute drive from here - if it is horribly muddy then I haven't wasted an hour and 5 minutes getting there like I would if I tried Hoosier National Forest up in Branchville Sad. We'll have to see........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. Almost no burning in the foot so still improving.

Marjorie

Good morning!

Freezing rain all day today. The trees are glistening so it looks like some treadmill work today. I'll go for an hour, but we will see.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Hip Redux

It is above freezing, huzzah!   Heading to the rail trail in a bit.

happylily

5 recovery miles later this afternoon. First, I have to go Christmas shopping. Please God give me the necessary strength to go through this challenge and come out of it victorious. Seriously, I'm scared of the crowds I will be facing. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

A little disappointed about my race this morning being canceled.  The upside is that I did get to sleep in a bit and now I don't have two long drives, as I have a race tonite at 6 PM.  So I can relax around the house today, and then drive 'all fresh' for my 5K tonite.  Actually, I did find another 5K being done before the end of the year, on Dec 28th...but it is in Corpus Christi, which is a 2-hour drive.

Hope the 18 miles went well, Step!

Good luck with the 5K, StoneFence!

Yay for running outside, LRB, congrats on your outside run!  Only a 40-minute drive?  That's  considered 'just a short trip" in Texas to get to a race or a run, lol. I probably will end up driving the 2 hours to Corpus to do that 5K. 

Wow, that is some weather, Beth!  Stay safe!

Crazy weather for you too, FreeSoul.   Hope you can get you run done outside.  Mud runs can be a bit fun...just take it easy, be safe.

Glad to hear you are still improving, Marjorie!

Freezing rain, yuk.  Good luck with that, Sparker.  Sounds like you might need 'spikes' if you do run outside.

Hope your trail run went well, Oski!

Good luck with the crowds and the shopping, Julie.  You can do this!

Happy 8 miles, Damaris.  I saw on the Weather Channel your temp is already in the 80s...sheesh!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

Not really out of the ordinary for us Scotty just a few weeks sooner than normal.

Ask Lily she lives in the Great White North as well.  Although I know she is a smart treadmill runner and

not a crazy "risk life and limb" outdoor  winter runner like me.

Wow, that is some weather, Beth!  Stay safe!

LRB

7 miles of slipping skidding and tiptoeing in the dark on snow covered roads but it was so nice to get off the mill.

Yep, it was just too damn slippery out to do my planned workout so I reluctantly aborted the stupid thing.

Towards the end I managed to get a mile in at 7:09, a half mile at 6:23, and a quarter mile at 6:03 so all was not lost.  I mean, it could be a lot worse....

As it is, 6 miles total and a good day for an OG overall despite the conditions.

StepbyStep-SH

Should have called these the "slippery, sloppy Saturdailies," it sounds like it would have applied to a lot of the runs today.

Sidewalks were icy and streets were slushy, so I stayed mostly in the streets. My hip flexors are not happy about it, but 18 miles done - VERY SLOWLY. I think my last 2-3 miles were in the 11:00 range, but my legs were just so tired from the slushy footing.