Beginners and Beyond

Steamy Sundailies (Read 29 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up early to run a 5k. As is my luck, flat course gets me awful weather. I was expecting to see a cancellation e-mail this morning, when I watched the late news, another 5k in Baltimore City got cancelled.

Good luck. A bit warm this morning; 81 in the shade at Fairfax

3mi on my bowl hills... felt reasonably okay.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 88 at 8am in Baltimore.  I didn't die.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am surprised they actually canceled some short races with heat indexes below 100F.  Since we don't have HMs or fulls after February, not sure what Miami would do if we did have one during the horrid weather months.

I have 16 miles.  Slept like crap so we shall see how that awesomeness will go.

Damaris

Cyberic

I am surprised they actually canceled some short races with heat indexes below 100F.  Since we don't have HMs or fulls after February, not sure what Miami would do if we did have one during the horrid weather months.

I have 16 miles.  Slept like crap so we shall see how that awesomeness will go.

Kinda lost track during my vacation, but when does the Indy move happen?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kinda lost track during my vacation, but when does the Indy move happen?

We don't know.  The government moves slowly and I don't even know if my background check has started least of all finished.  I did see some well dressed guys going to a neighbor's so I assume they are retired FBI people doing the background check.  Hope it scared the shit out of them.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6th OA, 1st in AG. Race was Christmas in July themed. It didn't help me feel any cooler. I poured water on myself at each stop (3 around the 1.3 mile lake). It only provided momentary cooling.

6th OA, 1st in AG. Race was Christmas in July themed. It didn't help me feel any cooler. I poured water on myself at each stop (3 around the 1.3 mile lake). It only provided momentary cooling.

Tuning up for the Dreaded Druid hills?

DavePNW

We don't know.  The government moves slowly and I don't even know if my background check has started least of all finished.  I did see some well dressed guys going to a neighbor's so I assume they are retired FBI people doing the background check.  Hope it scared the shit out of them.

Good luck - the neighbors will report that you go out at odd hours of the day and night, in all weather conditions, wearing bizarrely colored clothing.

Dave

RunningOnSand

LOL. It would me!

RunningOnSand

Good luck - the neighbors will report that you go out at odd hours of the day and night, in all weather conditions, wearing bizarrely colored clothing.

LOL

RunningOnSand

I ran a tad over 12 miles this morning. The conditions were lovely--64 at the start and probably low 70s at the finish. I've run 36 miles in the last 3 days, which is a lot for me (especially with yesterday and the day before being a harder effort) and my body is telling me about it, ha. I plan to make amends by spending the rest of the day at the pool. Sounds pretty nice. Smile

Nice job, HC!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Tuning up for the Dreaded Druid hills?

No way. I've done a few 5ks and a 5 miler at Druid Hill Park and those hills are no joke.

LRB

I ran a tad over 12 miles this morning. The conditions were lovely--64 at the start and probably low 70s at the finish. I've run 36 miles in the last 3 days, which is a lot for me (especially with yesterday and the day before being a harder effort) and my body is telling me about it, ha. I plan to make amends by spending the rest of the day at the pool. Sounds pretty nice. Smile

Nice job, HC!!

12 miles a day is a lot for anybody! Enjoy the pool 💦

LRB

Could've been called July in July with the temps these days. Nice job on not dying!