Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #165 (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo, morning.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 6 and change this morning (I even woke up early FFS), 2 of them with a new friend that lives nearby and wants to get back to running. We had fun so we will likely repeat during the week.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A 1.5 mile warm-up run this morning, and then 12 miles on rollerblades.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Yo, morning.

KCRuns

Good morning!

8 miles with my SIL in glorious 60° and breezy weather.

Cyberic

Ran 2 hours, with a workout in there consisting of 2x200 followed by 3x2000, and another ,4x200 to finish it off. I acted as a pacer for my RP who has a tendency to start too fast on the 2000s, so I kept them in check for him (8:02, 8:09, 7:52 IIRC) so he could finish strong. And then he beats me on the 200s but that is standard for me that in pure speed I'm not on the same level as my equals at the 10K. But I will usually beat them at the marathon, though.

Runshortii

Morning. I ran a 5K. A real live 5K. 22:26 which I’ll take for now. It was capped at 100 people and they had cones at the start, 10 rows of 10 cones all 10 feet apart and encouraged the faster runners to line up at one end and then each row took off one minute apart. It wasn’t bad, I actually

kind of liked it because there was no crammed starting corral and people getting trampled. I still could pass people or get passed but didn’t feel too close to anyone. It was nice to see other runners. No awards or goodie bags but did get a shirt. Kind of simple which was fine.

sdWhiskers

11 miles with 5 mi progression down to 10k. I was a little intimidated beforehand but it ended up being NBD. Was cruising 

I've never seen my favorite lake loop so crowded at 6am though. I tried my best but if I end up with Covid, this is where it came from--specifically a guy who ran right up next to me, pulled out a handkerchief and coughed/sneezed his brains out.

sdWhiskers

Morning. I ran a 5K. A real live 5K. 22:26 which I’ll take for now. It was capped at 100 people and they had cones at the start, 10 rows of 10 cones all 10 feet apart and encouraged the faster runners to line up at one end and then each row took off one minute apart. It wasn’t bad, I actually

kind of liked it because there was no crammed starting corral and people getting trampled. I still could pass people or get passed but didn’t feel too close to anyone. It was nice to see other runners. No awards or goodie bags but did get a shirt. Kind of simple which was fine.

The race sounds not too bad. Great job!

Cyberic

The race sounds not too bad. Great job!

I agree. The logistics sound like they made sense. Good job, indeed!

Cyberic

11 miles with 5 mi progression down to 10k. I was a little intimidated beforehand but it ended up being NBD. Was cruising 

I've never seen my favorite lake loop so crowded at 6am though. I tried my best but if I end up with Covid, this is where it came from--specifically a guy who ran right up next to me, pulled out a handkerchief and coughed/sneezed his brains out.

Good job!

I thought I lived in a crowded place, but I think it is worse for you. I do try to avoid crowded running spots, and run in the morning also, and in doing that I manage most of the time to have my space.

On weekday mornings though, when I run on the rail track near my house before work, it gets pretty crowded by the time I head home at ~7:30. I would be susceptible to someone suddenly deciding to spit or blow his/her nose, or cough, or sneeze. But I still choose to run there, because it is 1/2 mile from my house,so if I get a bathroom alert, I'm always OK.

Off today, work today, hopefully run tomorrow but might be a few days.   It’s actually highly unusual that I’ve gone this long without a left ham zinger; I severely tore it  in 2001.  I don’t think I’ve even worn the compression sleeve in the last 8 months or more, which is especially odd since I’ve  been running dirt regularly. should be no big deal, should just settle down in a couple of days, wear the sleeve and stay off dirt for awhile.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job!

There are several races here in August that I'm waiting to see how hot it will be and where is the county then. Two are from the race I ran in December in the mud and their medals are awesome.

Damaris

DavePNW

🎉🎊🥳

Awesome! Sounds like it worked out pretty well. Was it a loop course? I could see more crowding problems in an out & back. That’s the layout of our parkruns, which otherwise I was thinking could be some of the first to come back. The other issue with these is they’re not chip-timed. Although I guess the people who care most about this would be the ones starting near the front anyway. 

Dave

Runshortii

It actually was an out and back but still wasn’t awfully congested. Of course it was only 90-100 people. It was chip timed which was nice