Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

Sick day today. Could go to work, but didn't sleep so well so I'll be Netflixing and playing the Nintendo Switch all day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh. Feel better.

Feeling better after my migraine so I’ll try the 6 tonight. Then I should pack since I leave at 8:10am tomorrow. Lol.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  Hang in there, Cy.

After three nights, the new bed finally "kicked in" last night and I slept like a damn rock.  I was going to get up early for an unscheduled easy run, but that didn't happen and I am ok with that.  Tempo run after work.

I am running a 17 mile race Sunday and it is going to be 63 degrees.  Singlet weather in January!!  DW is in Disney World right now for the HM this weekend.  I'm jealous.  This job sucks.

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

7.9 decent miles (a new "longest run in a while") at 18 degrees with a little wind. Roads were a mix of pavement and slick snow/ice so I was glad I put new batteries in my headlamp so I could see what was coming.  Was only planning to do 5-ish but added some when I saw tomorrow morning is supposed to be rain and 40 degrees. Will make that the short run!  I like running in rain but preferably at 50+ degrees!

Cy - enjoy the movies day as you can!

Docket - glad you feel better.

Baboon - feel your job pain! thinking the same myself a lot these days

bluerun

Super B****

Sick day today. Could go to work, but didn't sleep so well so I'll be Netflixing and playing the Nintendo Switch all day.

He lives!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Progressive 15K on the AlterG. Wanted to keep going but apparently I'm expected to go to work or something. That shit really messes with things.

Last night I found out my brother's wedding might not actually be here, so I'd have to use days off work to go, which is annoying since I hate weddings enough as it is, but I suppose I kind of have to show up for my brother's. I'm also annoyed because I can't find a dress. My mom blames this on the fact that I'm being very rigid about the color. That isn't true -- it's because I want a dress in that color and I'm expected to wear one with sleeves. At this point I think I should just buy a bolt of fabric and make my own.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, we are supposed to go to a wedding for our old neighbor's kid. It's in the middle of no where PA this month. Closest hotel is a truck stop like 10 miles away.  I want snow cause I don't want to go. Oh, and it's really just a party cause they already got married at the courthouse!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all. Like Cyberic, I'm still fighting the sickness as well. It appears though seemingly young(ish) and physically fit, my immune system is quite elderly. This winter can't be done soon enough!

Hope you all are fairing much better, and I look forward to checking in more soon.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

Rest day for me today

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, we are supposed to go to a wedding for our old neighbor's kid. It's in the middle of no where PA this month. Closest hotel is a truck stop like 10 miles away.  I want snow cause I don't want to go. Oh, and it's really just a party cause they already got married at the courthouse!

Skipping that seems somehow more forgivable than skipping your one remaining single sibling's wedding, though... I'd skip it. I skip these things whenever I possibly can. Hell, I'd want to skip my own wedding (except I'll never have one)!

chasing the impossible

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm still fighting the sickness as well. It appears though seemingly young(ish) and physically fit, my immune system is quite elderly. This winter can't be done soon enough!

Hope you feel better!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh.... my fucking quads, hammies and glutes are sore. Not in an awful way, but I need a massage and I don't want to run damn it.

I got 7 miles I got to do at some point this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

He lives!

Love is keeping me alive!

sdWhiskers

4.2 miles super easy.

IT dropped off my laptop that's been upgraded to Windows 10 this morning. I'm terrified to turn it on (using my desktop computer in the lab right now). Rumor has it, it will have zero software installed which means an IT clusterfuck awaits me to request everything be re-installed over the coming weeks.

Last night I found out my brother's wedding might not actually be here, so I'd have to use days off work to go, which is annoying since I hate weddings enough as it is, but I suppose I kind of have to show up for my brother's. I'm also annoyed because I can't find a dress. My mom blames this on the fact that I'm being very rigid about the color. That isn't true -- it's because I want a dress in that color and I'm expected to wear one with sleeves. At this point I think I should just buy a bolt of fabric and make my own.

I love weddings. I’d go in your place but I think he might notice. When you do find a dress, pls post pics. We can also decide for you, like we do for races and apparel.

Dave