Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

I am running a 17 mile race Sunday and it is going to be 63 degrees.  

We have flipped from our relative conditions on NYD. In a few days here it’s supposed to get down close to 20, which is about as cold as it ever gets. In fact I can’t remember if it’s ever been in the teens since I’ve lived here. MTA: the coldest I’ve run here is 21.

Dave

Cyberic

Not at Cyber level of dental problems, but I'm at the dentist and of course they can't do a filling, it must be a crown! I made it 9 days into the year before basically using up my FSA.

Your problem costs way more than mine.

From the Internet.

Feeling mostly better physically, just a little cabin-fevery from a few days mostly inside. 6.2 easy miles today including stumbling onto a trail practically in my backyard (as in, I think if I climb up the ridge in my backyard I can get to it without even touching the road). 5.5 years here and I never explored it, lol. Hip is feeling good, 10 or 11 miles tomorrow with maybe some sort of easy-progression if I'm feeling good, just getting volume back at easy pace if I'm feeling less good.

Cyberic

A 17 mile race? 

From the Internet.

A 17 mile race? 

Auto-PR! My favorite kind of nonsense distance that you don't race often enough to really have a bad time, lol!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Andrea, if you see a 70ft truck with two Lincolns hanging on the back, tell him to hurry. Driver just called me from Evansville. Our new cars are hanging out with Andrea.

Damaris

Runshortii

Have fun! Do you leave soon?

Dave, how did your run go? And yes, how's the job search?

Cy, how is the mouth feeling now?

I love being in my pajamas (LOVE), but I also like getting dressed up. But it has to feel good (minus the heels--there's always some discomfort with those).

I decided today is a RD.

We’re supposed to leave at 535am Saturday morning but Mother Nature is trying to ruin my plans . They’re calling for ice and snow overnight tomorrow, and we have a connecting flight in Atlanta. Wonder if it’s worth it to fly into Atlanta tomorrow evening instead...

DavePNW

Auto-PR! My favorite kind of nonsense distance that you don't race often enough to really have a bad time, lol!

No, because he ran it last year.

Dave

RunningOnSand

We’re supposed to leave at 535am Saturday morning but Mother Nature is trying to ruin my plans . They’re calling for ice and snow overnight tomorrow, and we have a connecting flight in Atlanta. Wonder if it’s worth it to fly into Atlanta tomorrow evening instead...

Yeah I would try! If you can??

RunningOnSand

Andrea, if you see a 70ft truck with two Lincolns hanging on the back, tell him to hurry. Driver just called me from Evansville. Our new cars are hanging out with Andrea.

Trying to run her over.

sdWhiskers

Your problem costs way more than mine.

When I did most of my implants, they were to fill empty space not to replace bad teeth. Which meant insurance covered 0%.

4 x (implants + crown) = shit ton of $$$$$$

Today's crown doesn't come close to that catastrophe. Just unexpected annoyance and I didn't put much in the FSA for 2020.

But yes, taking teeth out is way cheaper than adding them back in

From the Internet.

No, because he ran it last year.

Ahh well maybe not auto-PR then. Sorry LRB you'll have to work for it! Might I suggest spacing your weird distances out by 2-3 years in the future and possibly sandbagging them on the first couple of tries for maximal PR chances, lol.

MTA BOON NOT LRB! I need to go back to reading school 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

😂 ok

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Trying to run her over.

Lol I give those bastards a 20 ft girth, I don't even make them move over, I get off the road and go about 10 or 15 feet from it. And of course I wave, those guys work hard and arent appreciated like they should be.

Plus.... I've seen the damage that comes from a trailer flipping over on top of something 😳

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Ahh well maybe not auto-PR then. Sorry LRB you'll have to work for it! Might I suggest spacing your weird distances out by 2-3 years in the future and possibly sandbagging them on the first couple of tries for maximal PR chances, lol.

And it’s Baboon who’s racing it.

Dave