Beginners and Beyond

Freedom Friday (Read 29 times)

sdWhiskers

I don't think there are any true "flat" routes outside of Miami. lol

There's a super flat HM I've done a few times by the water here. I just checked and it's still 110 ft 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Atlantic city is Miami flat.

DavePNW

I hit the snooze alarm and had an early meeting, so ended up with only time for 3 miles. Better than nothing I guess.

We had an earthquake last night! Exciting stuff. It was a whopping 4.6 magnitude. It hit at about 3AM and woke me up, but just thought it was the dog jumping around on the bed. And since our dog only weighs 8 pounds, that gives you an idea of the intensity.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Atlantic city is Miami flat.

I'll be the judge of that when I see it  

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hit the snooze alarm and had an early meeting, so ended up with only time for 3 miles. Better than nothing I guess.

We had an earthquake last night! Exciting stuff. It was a whopping 4.6 magnitude. It hit at about 3AM and woke me up, but just thought it was the dog jumping around on the bed. And since our dog only weighs 8 pounds, that gives you an idea of the intensity.

I was about to ask!  I saw it all over FB; where apparently people were sleeping and then dancing lambada.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'll be the judge of that when I see it  

Look in my log. April 1 . 2018.

LRB

Look in my log. April 1 . 2018.

Is that date right?

onemile

I ran 6 miles with URP. 80 and sunny but a little breeze and not humid so not terrible. It was worth it to sleep a little later today

Half Crazy K 2.0

Is that date right?

Damn phone.  April 15 2018

There's a super flat HM I've done a few times by the water here. I just checked and it's still 110 ft 

There use to be a marathon called the Last Plain to Boston ; 8 1/3 loops around Hains Point in DC... as flat as an airport runway..

my first Marathon...  the parking was out at the point in between the start line and finish line, so I got to run by and see my car  18 time during the race

sdWhiskers

There use to be a marathon called the Last Plain to Boston ; 8 1/3 loops around Hains Point in DC... as flat as an airport runway..

my first Marathon...  the parking was out at the point in between the start line and finish line, so I got to run by and see my car  18 time during the race

That's awful!!

And you remind me that I did run a 5k on an military airport runway once. So that was as flat as it gets. Super boring except when we ran past all the aircraft lined up.

GinnyinPA

Where I usually do my tempo or interval workouts is fairly flat, less than 40' per mile elevation gain, but I still have to climb the hill to get there so an 8 mile workout will still have 400-500  feet elevation gain and loss. If I do it on the rail trail it's flatter, but then I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the trail.

I did the B&A marathon near Annapolis a few years ago and it is listed as flat, since it's a rail trail. It still had 500' elevation gain/loss. That surprised me.

Today I ran in the state forest so I could enjoy some shade. It was 82 degrees with a dew point of about 69, so even with the shade it was a hard run. 13 miles and about 1100' elevation gain and loss.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I bitched when I have to run in anything not 0ft but hey my TM is really at an incline at 0%and then I donmt bitch. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, I had a similar experience first time I did a race on the NCR trail. It has a 1% graded heading north, so it's not really noticeable, but it adds up. There are some massive hills where the NCR trail is, so the gradual 50 feet per mile doesn't seem so bad.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Spent the whole day (and yesterday) working on this appointment of a chapter 11 trustee (chapter 11s don't have a trustee unless/until something is wrong: fraud, parties cannot agree to shit, etc.)  Guess who appoints the trustees?  So many emails, interviews, proposals, etc. so it was a busy Friday.  My 7 were awesome, though.

Damaris