Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #222 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Where is everyone? Long run day?

3.6 miles. The humidity that was promised came today. It was miserable. Now at some point I need to go outside & spray the squash & cucumber plants with anti-fungal. They don't like to be too wet, unfortunately with the tropical storm plus storms, they've been overly wet.

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

Work day

6, first 3 flat, most just elevated a tiny bit.... almost tripped over a big fat opossum crossing the trail at the half way😛. Then 3 modest hill, the .25 downs sidewalk, the point .25 ups road crown.  Right inside ham tight for both...still recovering from the 3 loops of accotink Thursday. Also feeling it a bit in the cheeks...not the cheeks next to the nose.

Cyberic

9 annahalf for me. 78 for the week

DavePNW

My 16 yesterday ended up being a bit slower than I‘d prefer for a LR (8:54), due to running with other people. Day after LR would normally be easy, but with me being a 3:22 marathoner and all, I felt the need to do something faster today. Went out for 9 miles with 7 at MP, although the splits ended up in the 7:17-7:25 range which is significantly faster than MP. Not that I have a clue what MP or GMP or even MP effort is anymore. But I’ll take it. 

63 for the week.

Now the 10:30 AM post-run dilemma: lunch or snack?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 8 with 8 X 400m tonight.

Damaris

KCRuns

Rest day for me.

LRB

I ran 7.

It's hotter than a big dog out there, woof!

onemile

My 16 yesterday ended up being a bit slower than I‘d prefer for a LR (8:54), due to running with other people. Day after LR would normally be easy, but with me being a 3:22 marathoner and all, I felt the need to do something faster today. Went out for 9 miles with 7 at MP, although the splits ended up in the 7:17-7:25 range which is significantly faster than MP. Not that I have a clue what MP or GMP or even MP effort is anymore. But I’ll take it. 

Nice job.  GMP is whatever you want it to be!

onemile

It's hotter than a big dog out there, woof!

truth

onemile

9 annahalf for me. 78 for the week

Nice job!

onemile

My 16 yesterday ended up being a bit faster than I‘d prefer for a LR (8:12), due to running with other people (including a 3:22 marathoner) and sunny, mid-70s temps. Day after LR would normally be 10 miles, but with me sucking and all, I felt the need to cut it at 5 miles .

DavePNW

Day after LR is whatever you want it to be!

Dave

onemile

Day after LR is whatever you want it to be!

when the DP is in the 70's you don't want it to be at all 

Cyberic

Watched a video from a local sub-elite (30 minutes 10K) who is making a phd in sports psychology, and he says (he says a lot of things, actually, here's one thing) that we need to start feeling good about our accomplishments in racing, and also in training.

Examples for me:

I ran 23 miles yesterday, and I could have gone another 3.2 and got a 3:22 marathon as a LR. I'm sure of that.

My toe is bum, but I'm still running, and I'm keeping myself in pretty good shape. The fact that I can't push is helping me rest.

I do not think I'm in PR shape... hard to say... but I'm pretty sure I can pull off a sub 3:05. I'm 50 yo, no coach, I do it like I want to do it... that's pretty good actually.

Training is not perfect, but it is the best I can do. The will to run and train is there.

I might get to race a marathon when most people can't (if I don't choose to defer to 2021... I have until Friday).

I should feel pretty good about all of that!