Beginners and Beyond

Almost a year later... My "Runniversary" Report (Read 339 times)

Supersono99

A nicely put reflection. I'm glad you're here, Di.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Runiversary !!!   Smile

Rubybaby43

enabler

Nice summary of your first year of running!  You've come a long way!  Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Happy Runniversary, Di.

Congratulations on all of your progress! and remember this is YOUR story, nobody else's! Dont ever compare your story, to anyone else's either!!

Keep up the positive thoughts and keeping things into perspective!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

runwell3

Congratulations  Di...You   Are   Awesome!   Much respect to you, and much inspiration from you

tracilynn

Cool

Happy runniversary!  Great job :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

This thread needs some fruit:

And some animals:

And some hugs:

And some love:

And some drinks:

There, now that's a Di Trying thread!

Congrats!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I am so glad you kept at it and I feel so lucky that we have become friends in this endeavor. It has been so good to see your progress and I could almost see you smiling as you reported that you'd had one of the best runs to date. After everything you have been through lately, damnit you deserved that solid run! You have come a very long way from those first few steps you ran this time last year. I have no doubt that you will run that half marathon this spring...even though I know you doubt yourself. Love you, girly!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Congratulations on your soon-to-be runniversary, Di! It's great to look back and see how we've progressed over the course of a year. I wrote a similar story back in May when I completed my first year. When we write it and look back over our logs, it is amazing how much progress we make. It's always great to see others' progress.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Coastal

Happy Runniversary!  Big grin

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I remember back when I claimed you as my noob on RWOL.  Look how far you've come, baby!  Smile

Running is dumb.

MrNamtor

Di, I read every word of your post, and it's great. You've done more in your first year of running than I did. You've made great progress. Well deserved congrats to you!

Di, I am new around here but what an inspiring post.

Thank you for sharing I am sure that it motivates many people as well as me!

Congratulations on your runniversary!!

Being a slow runner means I get to check out YOUR butt...

This is how I do it... http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/profile/SarahinShibs/

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I love this. A very inspirational reflection on your first year of running!

PS- Baltimore 10 Miler in June, is that the one? If so me too!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks so much, everybody!   LRB - yes! That is my kind of post! =)  Mandy - you are one of the most inspirational people I have EVER come across, so claim me all you want, baby!! =)

I love this. A very inspirational reflection on your first year of running!

PS- Baltimore 10 Miler in June, is that the one? If so me too!

I'll actually be running the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in April.  Baltimore wasn't even on my radar.  D'oh.  Probably because it's in June!  LOL  I have a feeling June, July, and August will be months where I do NOT race.  Too stinking hot! =)   Good luck to you, though!!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!