Beginners and Beyond

Taco Tuesdailies (Read 40 times)

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here!)

Y'all remember the retro disclaimer, right?

Hi guys.  Did 6 with some tempo tonight.  Enjoying the married (to a wonderful, non-asshole runner) life, getting my house sold, etc.  SO BUSY.  Short-term goal is to have fun and win a bunch of shit over the summer, longer-term is to go defend at Adirondack this fall.   Bumping the mileage up after several weeks of mere mortal totals, on that front.

What's new?

Zelanie

Morning, Jay!  Good to hear from you, and congrats on the wedding!

It's still very much Monday here.  I have to pack because I'm flying out to Denver in the morning.  It's for work, but hopefully I'll get to have some fun and see family too.  And run 4-6.

Ric-G

Still Monday here...and the temps are about 100 or so (yucky)

but more importantly...congrats jay and good luck on the casa sale!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here!)

Y'all remember the retro disclaimer, right?

Before its ultimate death, I believe it was Oski who took to changing a single word in it (or adding a word), to see if anyone noticed. No one ever did. lol

Cyberic

Ran 4 x 1200 w/400, less than 6 total. The humidity has come!

Congrats on the wedding, Jay.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats on the wedding Hay. Hope the house sells quick.

Enjoy Denver Zelanie. I hear they gave special brownies and other stuff there.....

RicG, ouch. Are you near the fires?

Cyberic, we have the humidity here today too.

Guess I'll run after work as long as no storms come through. Was looking at fall halfs last night, even though I swore I would never do one in the fall again. Found some possibilities. Got annoyed when I found one on the eastern shore and the hotel search kept giving me places by my house. Technically, the race is about 25 miles away. Unfortunately, part of that includes the Chesapeake bay, so driving is much further since there are only 2 ways across and I don't have a boat.

Hip Redux

Before its ultimate death, I believe it was Oski who took to changing a single word in it (or adding a word), to see if anyone noticed. No one ever did. lol

I've never been one to adhere to policies or norms.  :P

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 12.2 mostly in the dark.  100% humidity, but only 67F and a slight breeze.  I'll take what wins nature gives me.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I've never been one to adhere to policies or norms.  :P

You were ahead of your time, yo. 👍

LRB

I ran 6. It mostly sucked but that was to be expected coming off my longest run in over two months.

LRB

Congrats on the wedding Hay. Hope the house sells quick.

Enjoy Denver Zelanie. I hear they gave special brownies and other stuff there.....

RicG, ouch. Are you near the fires?

Cyberic, we have the humidity here today too.

Guess I'll run after work as long as no storms come through. Was looking at fall halfs last night, even though I swore I would never do one in the fall again. Found some possibilities. Got annoyed when I found one on the eastern shore and the hotel search kept giving me places by my house. Technically, the race is about 25 miles away. Unfortunately, part of that includes the Chesapeake bay, so driving is much further since there are only 2 ways across and I don't have a boat.

What's up with that?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I do remember and remember Oski going rogue about it. Smile

I have Pilates and that's it.  If I dare do another 22 minutes Hard Corps workout without my legs falling off, I might.

Damaris

delicate flower

WOW, a Jay sighting!  Before we know it, Lily will start posting here again!  I know, I know...crazy talk.

'Morning!  As you all know, Tuesday morning means a masters group swim for me.  Today was a good one, as these things go.  2400 yards, and my fast efforts were fast (for me).  I am especially happy with the workout having done 3800 yards yesterday (fatigue).  I've got an easy run on tap after work too.  Ok then.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

What's up with that?

Long runs and summer. Plus, last fall one I did included a 1.5 hour drive from packet pick up, it should take 30. Then add a humid race and all the annoyances I have with the Baltimore running festival, I just swore never again.

Zelanie

Half Crazy- I'm from Oregon, we have those brownies here too. 

I added a line to the Penguins' intro and I think they caught it that same day.