Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES asks the question; If you run but couldn't log it, did you run? (Read 49 times)

LRB

Hi,

I did run, and my quads were none too happy during it, or for the remainder of the day. Oof.

I am running in a bit, but will to drive to work to do so for a change of scenery.

What's up?

LRB

Regarding the outage yesterday; I saw a couple of comments abroad where some noted they only use a paper log. That's cool, and I actually still record my miles on a calendar, no different than when I began. But to compare the two would be like comparing an old busted up pair of rusty ass roller skates, to a brand new car; there is no comparing.

Eric is the man, the running log here is 'da bomb, and we are the beneficiaries.

Word.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My hubby only uses a paper log.

He wants to go to Bertha tonight which I do NOT want as today is the local runner's traditional "let's race our VW buses and see who wins" night. There are 13 or 14 buses racing. It is basically their bragging rights as they so deserve. Because the majority are effing fast. They cleaned up at Woodstock. I am jealous. I want a bus too. Sooooooo I am gonna register for one of the hundies where very few women in my AG run. lol. Yup. I am gonna cherry pick. Now I just have to figure out how to run faster on trails to meet the cutoffs.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Cyberic

I used to backup the files from my watch, zip them by month, and save them in a safe location in case of a RA failure.

Now I don't do that anymore. My workouts go to Garmin, then automagically to RA and Strava. And if all that fails at the same time, screw it.

SRD for me. I moved my Hansons schedule one day ahead this week to benefit from the cool weather yesterday.

And yes, I love the RA log.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Pilates and 5 miles tonight.  My TM is slippery thanks to the genius husband when he lubricated the TM that spilled some on top of it.  I feel like I'm on a trail run in danger of slipping and falling at any time.  I'm going to have to wash it, sigh.

I have an excel log but like you said, there is no comparison.  Paces, shoe mileage, lots of things that it does for me that I don't want to do.

Good luck with the hundie, Bertha.  Cherry picking is good.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sheesh, our refrigerator is now purring like a cat non-stop.  The blackout must have hurt it somehow.  Just what I need.  A broken one!

Damaris

No more marathons

I started a project a few years ago to enter all my old paper logs into RA.  Got 1980, 81, and 82 done.  Still have 83, 84, 85 and a bit of 86 to go.  With duel recording in Garmin and RA - all my geek anal retentive needs are more than met.

With only 15 days until my first two events at the Senior Games, my schedule is in wind down mode.  Today calls for 4 miles with fartlek.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I don't feel like the run is complete until I upload it.  That stayed in the back of my mind all day yesterday.

I ran 3.3 this morning with 1x800@5k pace.  That was my speedwork for the last month.  Do you think that I'm ready for a 5k Saturday? Smile

i hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I don't feel like the run is complete until I upload it.  That stayed in the back of my mind all day yesterday.

I ran 3.3 this morning with 1x800@5k pace.  That was my speedwork for the last month.  Do you think that I'm ready for a 5k Saturday? Smile

i hope everyone has a great day!

Sure, you're ready, you ran an extra .2.   Finishing should not be a problem.

delicate flower

Hello!!  Me and the wife were up at 5:15 for a masters swim.  2300 yards.  I had a good swim but my legs were feeling last night's run.  I've got a short run to do after work too.  I am loving the low humidity this week.  'Bout time we got some decent running weather.

I don't keep a paper log.  Between Garmin Connect, RA, Strava, and BeginnerTriathlete, the only way I am going to lose my data is if the Internet goes away.

<3

Brilliant

And yes, I love the RA log.

+1

You'll rock it. 

Sheesh, our refrigerator is now purring like a cat non-stop.  The blackout must have hurt it somehow.  Just what I need.  A broken one!

Uh oh, the electric company killed our dishwasher once.   Fingers crossed for you and your food.

I'm running a few easy miles with my club this morning.  I have a big blister on the end of my 2nd toe from Sunday's race - that's unusual for me; I can count on one hand the number of times I've blistered from running.  These shoes (Brooks Cadence) are lightweight so I wear them for intervals & tempo runs. I checked my log  and I've worn them for up to 9.5 miles, so not sure what the problem was on Sunday, but I could feel my toes pressing against the end of the shoe midway through the race.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, somehow I am not hearing my alarm......... I woke up at 6 AM this morning, wondering WTF happened to my 4 AM alarm, so I'll try to get in a run tonight with Dorian and the dogs.

As for getting my ass up in the morning, I turned my "The Rock Clock" alarm back on, it has no snoozed and the gorilla sounds get louder and louder. I just hope it doesn't wake Dorian too.

Thinking about trying my speed workout in the morning at the high school track, not sure when people start getting there but I'm hoping it ain't before 6 AM.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I mean, I ONLY have four different (online) logs, so...

8.5 on the AlterG.  Inauspicious way to hit 1000 for the year but oh well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My runs are on the Garmin site as well, but I only go there to create workouts. Otherwise, that site basically useless to me. I do not have a Strava account or one at Daily Mile.

Basically, for me, it comes down to the reports option in the log here. That feature is absolutely incredible. Seriously, if you need to know anything about any of your runs, it's there, in the blink of an eye. It's amazing. Not to mention the log itself is everything you need it to be, having total freedom to lay it out however you wish.

If this site were to disappear, I probably wouldn't even bother using another log. That would be akin to going from the penthouse, to the piss house. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1

You'll rock it. 

Uh oh, the electric company killed our dishwasher once.   Fingers crossed for you and your food.

I'm running a few easy miles with my club this morning.  I have a big blister on the end of my 2nd toe from Sunday's race - that's unusual for me; I can count on one hand the number of times I've blistered from running.  These shoes (Brooks Cadence) are lightweight so I wear them for intervals & tempo runs. I checked my log  and I've worn them for up to 9.5 miles, so not sure what the problem was on Sunday, but I could feel my toes pressing against the end of the shoe midway through the race.  

Sounds like they are too small.

Damaris