Beginners and Beyond

Thursday, March 4th Dailies (Read 21 times)

Cyberic

Good morning!

Coffeeing up before my morning run. I feel a bit tired so the streak of easy runs will continue!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SRD today.  Going up to my parents house to help them out as they got their second shots yesterday and may need to take it easy.

Forgot to mention about yesterday's track work:  I had the place to myself so I did about half the laps running clockwise for a change of scenery.  It did feel a little weird.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am back home and was able to sleep my one extra hour, lol. 

I have either 10 with 4 @ MP or 7 easy and weights. Depends on the 6 meetings today. 

My Pilates reformer is coming tomorrow!!!

Damaris

delicate flower

Hey-oooooh!!!!  90 minute bike workout this morning kicked my ass.  An hour into it I was like "Fuuuuuuck!!"  I battled though and got it done.  I have 5 miles to run later that will surely be an achy shuffle.

<3

Forgot to mention about yesterday's track work:  I had the place to myself so I did about half the laps running clockwise for a change of scenery.  It did feel a little weird.

That would feel weird. 

6 miles before my 7:00 meeting.

Dave

Cyberic

SRD today.  Going up to my parents house to help them out as they got their second shots yesterday and may need to take it easy.

Did that once. Think I did one lap, maybe two clockwise, and switched back to the normal counter-clockwise.

Ran 11.5 with inline-strides going uphill. Was focusing on not increasing the turnover speed, but the power in my strides. The reasoning is I need to work on powerful strides more than on turnover speed. That last part comes very natural to me.

6; one loop of accotink plus extra flat, then 1mi on roadcrown  hill.

Spring is springing here, flowers at Accotink, but the site I use to post a pic is down.

sdWhiskers

3 miles.

In college and grad school, I used indoor tracks and the direction switched depending on the day. The "wrong" direction always felt weird.

3 miles.

In college and grad school, I used indoor tracks and the direction switched depending on the day. The "wrong" direction always felt weird.

I wonder what the rationale for that was.

Dave

sdWhiskers

With 8-10 laps = 1 mile, I always assumed to lessen the stress on the legs? There were definitely signs that said MWF CW, TTSS CCW or something like that.

Cyberic

3 miles.

At the indoor track where I go (went, actually), the direction changes every half hour!

It is a pretty bad system: most of the new people don't understand, the time on the clocks are not in sync, so some people use a given clock for reference, and some use another, some (like me) like to finish our interval before switching...

delicate flower

I see there is an old Pistons/Pacers game on NBA TV right now.  Disappointed that it is not the Malice at the Palace.

<3

I see there is an old Pistons/Pacers game on NBA TV right now.  Disappointed that it is not the Malice at the Palace.

LOL. How old? Like, Reggie Miller vs. the Bad Boys? Are there some short shorts going on?

Did you ever see that ESPN 30 for 30 doc on Reggie vs. the Knicks? Pretty good.

Dave

delicate flower

LOL. How old? Like, Reggie Miller vs. the Bad Boys? Are there some short shorts going on?

Did you ever see that ESPN 30 for 30 doc on Reggie vs. the Knicks? Pretty good.

Found the box score for this game:  https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199203040DET.html

(eta:  34 rebounds for Rodman, with 18 offensive.  Insane.)

I did watch that 30 for 30.  Good stuff.

<3

Tight turns over and over can trigger ITBS