Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

Hi,

I believe this is rest day # 16 for me, but I'm really not sure. After awhile they just kind of blend together into one big bag of blah. lol

I do have PT today so yippie!

How are you?

MTA: It's RD # 17.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran a little on a beautiful morning.  Mid 30s, clear, no wind, and a brilliant moon.  It was sweet, and my foot mostly liked it.

LRB, I feel for you.  I hope the PT isn't unpleasant.

Everyone have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

I ran a little on a beautiful morning.  Mid 30s, clear, no wind, and a brilliant moon.  It was sweet, and my foot mostly liked it.

LRB, I feel for you.  I hope the PT isn't unpleasant.

Everyone have a great day!

I'm all right. Whatever doesn't kill me bores the hell out of me, which is the same as death. lol

Good news on the hoof!

Little Blue

Good morning all!

RD here.  One more appointment with my friend before her knee surgery next week.  Then off to slay a few million leaves.

Enjoy your day if you can!

Mornin'.

Rick. Rest well. I hope that PT is good.

PleasantRidge, your run sounds beautiful.

I just did 7.0 miles on the TM. 1:05:37. 9:22 pace. It must have been relatively easy. I mentally excused myself after about a quarter-mile and didn't return until I was almost done.

happylily

Rick, I applaud you for keeping your chin up. Mental fortitude is an important part of what makes a great runner.

PR, glad to hear the foot was behaving!

LB, who's having the surgery? A friend as in a friend or a friend as in you? I'm lost. All these dual personality talks have me confused now.

Basya, great running!

I have a tempo run tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

LB, who's having the surgery? A friend as in a friend or a friend as in you? I'm lost. All these dual personality talks have me confused now.

A friend as in a friend.  She's 71 and having full knee replacement.  She doesn't have any family, so she relies on her vast stable of friends to help her.

happylily

A friend as in a friend.  She's 71 and having full knee replacement.  She doesn't have any family, so she relies on her vast stable of friends to help her.

Ha! It's very very kind of you to be there for her. I hope we all have someone like you when we get to that age. Actually, it's nice to have someone like you at any age!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Looked at the wrong city on my weather app before getting dressed to run, was kinda bummed out that I was SO cold in 27 degree weather - turns out it was actually 17 degrees here when I went out. Whoops! Started warming up toward the end and by that point it was creeping closer to 25. After a hot shower and wrapped in two bathrobes and fleece pants and slippers, I finally feel like I might be warm again someday.

delicate flower

Good morning, all you fine folks!  Good morning to the rest of you as well.  I got to sleep an extra 90 minutes this morning.  I have not been able to sleep in on a weekday for about four weeks thanks to the two-a-day workouts, so I took full advantage of the opportunity this morning.  I've got a 4 mile run to get to after work.  This morning DW signed me up for a different pool, so we'll see if that helps my breathing situation.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  My chest is congested from the outside runs I did last week in splendid horrid weather.  Hopefully, they can clear up before Sunday.  We'll see.  Pilates and 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

No running today, but I will do an hour strength training class at lunch, plus 90 minutes of martial arts tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ha! It's very very kind of you to be there for her. I hope we all have someone like you when we get to that age. Actually, it's nice to have someone like you at any age!

When I had shoulder surgery a few years back, it was my running community that helped me, driving me to and from surgery, helping with shopping, getting to follow up doctor's appointments, etc.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

5 easy this morning.  Decided to go ahead and do the local Turkey Trot on Thursday.  Automatic PR, I've only run one other 8k and that was 3 years ago when I first started running. Smile

So the RD who put on the Paris Mtn Ultra that I did this past weekend is putting together a new race in March, almost 10,000ft of elevation gain for the 50k, sounds like my kind of fun.   There is a 10 mile option with only 3,300ft of elevation, but what fun is that when you could have 3x the fun for only $14 more?

Hope everyone has a great day!! Today is my Friday, woohoo!!  Plus, we're having our Thanksgiving feast for lunch at work today, company provides the turkey and several side dishes, and then everyone brought in more side dishes and desserts (I brought cheesecake brownies).  Gonna have to roll me out of here at the end of the day! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good morning everyone!!

5 easy this morning.  Decided to go ahead and do the local Turkey Trot on Thursday.  Automatic PR, I've only run one other 8k and that was 3 years ago when I first started running. Smile

So the RD who put on the Paris Mtn Ultra that I did this past weekend is putting together a new race in March, almost 10,000ft of elevation gain for the 50k, sounds like my kind of fun.   There is a 10 mile option with only 3,300ft of elevation, but what fun is that when you could have 3x the fun for only $14 more?

Hope everyone has a great day!! Today is my Friday, woohoo!!  Plus, we're having our Thanksgiving feast for lunch at work today, company provides the turkey and several side dishes, and then everyone brought in more side dishes and desserts (I brought cheesecake brownies).  Gonna have to roll me out of here at the end of the day! lol

Yup that's all you!