Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES are cold-hearted. (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

Yes. I don't need the watch for anything besides running. I don't wear it 24/7 or want email or music on it. I don't want the poorly-functioning HR function either. I don't even program workouts except ones with the basic Interval function from my 220. Just a GPS watch. Should be like $100.

You might have been able to get away with the 35 for $169. The main thing that's missing for me is the ability to download custom workouts.

But too late now. 

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Are you like LRB with super cold fingers/hands? I've got some hand warmers I could send your way Wink My kids used them when they were skiing/snowboarding this weekend in sub-zero temps, lord have mercy.

Absolutely!   If it's cold enough for a shirt, it's cold enough for gloves.  If it's cold enough for a shirt and an outer layer, that means two pairs of gloves.  This morning, I had on two pair of gloves and a pair of convertible mittens.  I should have opted for my windproof snowmobile mittens, instead of the convertibles.  I have many pairs of gloves, and am not afraid to wear them all.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

windproof snowmobile mittens

Music to my ears

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if I mentioned Mr. Docket PRd in Houston AGAIN.  2:08:XX.  he is like let's go back and I'm like nope.  How can a race be so good for him and so bad to me?

Damaris

LRB

sdWhiskers

I have many pairs of gloves, and am not afraid to wear them all.

LOL

sdWhiskers

Not sure if I mentioned Mr. Docket PRd in Houston AGAIN.  2:08:XX.  he is like let's go back and I'm like nope.  How can a race be so good for him and so bad to me?

You are obviously allergic to Texas.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes. I don't need the watch for anything besides running. I don't wear it 24/7 or want email or music on it. I don't want the poorly-functioning HR function either. I don't even program workouts except ones with the basic Interval function from my 220. Just a GPS watch. Should be like $100.

The same thing happens when we go car shopping. I want the base model but with a slightly more powerful engine and good quality tires, you know, the things that matter. Touch screen for music? fancy interior? blind spot monitoring? No no no.

I miss my leather seats that warmed up in my jeep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

The same thing happens when we go car shopping. I want the base model but with a slightly more powerful engine and good quality tires, you know, the things that matter. Touch screen for music? fancy interior? blind spot monitoring? No no no.

Some of this stuff is pretty good. I never want to drive a car without a backup camera and sensors again. My wife's car has blind spot monitoring, which I'm envious of, along with her push-button start.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Some of this stuff is pretty good. I never want to drive a car without a backup camera and sensors again. My wife's car has blind spot monitoring, which I'm envious of, along with her push-button start.

But that's just the thing, I want some of the features and you want other ones...I don't want to pay for what I don't want 

RunningOnSand

Absolutely!   If it's cold enough for a shirt, it's cold enough for gloves.  If it's cold enough for a shirt and an outer layer, that means two pairs of gloves.  This morning, I had on two pair of gloves and a pair of convertible mittens.  I should have opted for my windproof snowmobile mittens, instead of the convertibles.  I have many pairs of gloves, and am not afraid to wear them all.

Word. Cold fingers are a biatch.

RunningOnSand

You are obviously allergic to Texas.

Agree.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agree.

Yeap, pretty much.  Or maybe just allergic to Houston?  We shall find out.

Damaris

DavePNW

Word. Cold fingers are a biatch.

Onemile apparently does not get cold fingers, only cold palms.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

My car has what I call the "texting function."  It keeps my vehicle between the lines, and keeps me from hitting the car in front of me.

<3