Beginners and Beyond

Big Saturdailies (Read 42 times)

LRB

Did you pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd?

Seriously! All I keep saying is I do what? Excuse me? To the where? I'm sorry I didn't catch that. Huh? What was that again? Okay, one more time? I'm sorry can you repeat that?

They must think I'm an idiot. lol

on my way to badass

Sweet!  I got the app and can now stalk Cybereric and LRB in Boston.  I will also park myself somewhere with wifi and stream the race on my computer.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

I'm jealous of all you Boston people.  

Cy, the hoodie you chose looks nice. Also, the long sleeve tech shirt you get with your race packet is pretty decent. I got the navy/yellow hoodie last year and I do wear it sometimes. Unlike the purple jacket.

The forecast is looking a little better now, no?

The expo is somthing else. The race shirt is nice. Weather forecast is looking better, yes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in 5.4 miles late this morning, sunshine and blue skies definitely made it tough on Jetta's black fir but she handled it well and we stopped plenty of times for water in ditches. I think those big ears do help her some, but that black fir sure doesn't.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

He's in TN, IIRC. And in the MI, it's Memorial Day, FFS.

IDK what it is here, but I had to start mowing my lawn in Feb.

We probably could have mowed the grass in February this year. It was unusually warm most of the winter, aside from the dumping of 2 feet if snow. I really need to weed my raspberries, but find gardening an utter pain in the ass. Plus, those suckers are hardy and grow regardless of my care.

LRB

Sweet!  I got the app and can now stalk Cybereric and LRB in Boston.  I will also park myself somewhere with wifi and stream the race on my computer.

Get out the popcorn for Cy, get out some OSHA approved safety glasses for mine. lol

Cyberic

Get out the popcorn for Cy, get out some OSHA approved safety glasses for mine. lol

My right knee is shot and still have a day and a half of walking to do. Eech. Hopefully it won't affect my running top much.

DavePNW

5k in 20:43; missed PR by 3 sec.

Started off with big ideas, but couldn't hold on. 6:31, 6:42, 6:48.

Tough course -- a lot of gravel sections, a lot of tight turns.

No Baboon report; manual timing, only top 3 OA recognized at the race. AG placings will be online Monday, but met a guy in my AG who beat me, so no higher than 2nd.

Oh well.

Dave

LRB

My right knee is shot and still have a day and a half of walking to do. Eech. Hopefully it won't affect my running top much.

My left knee is pissy, we could be twins.

Once I check in I'm done with all this waking and standing, this shit is harder on me than running!

No more marathons

Last long(ish) run today before my series of 5 races (1500, 10K, HM, 5K, 800) starts up in 9 days.

Nine miles with middle three at what hopefully will be my HM pace.

Still trying to decide how hard to race (run?) the 10K - 4 days before the HM.  Was thinking of running it at HM pace, but was suggested that that might be a bit much with only 4 days to recover.  And I'd really like to get under 1:45 for the half and get a PhatOldMan PR.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Slow 3.1 miles at Fort Sam Houston this morning.  Drizzly weather all weekend, I got a nice little soaking while out there.  All good, though, felt pretty good with this darn humidity and higher dewpoint we're having all weekend.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

5k in 20:43; missed PR by 3 sec.

Started off with big ideas, but couldn't hold on. 6:31, 6:42, 6:48.

Tough course -- a lot of gravel sections, a lot of tight turns.

No Baboon report; manual timing, only top 3 OA recognized at the race. AG placings will be online Monday, but met a guy in my AG who beat me, so no higher than 2nd.

Oh well.

Not bad considering the fact that you're knee deep in MARATHON training.

LRB

Still trying to decide how hard to race (run?) the 10K - 4 days before the HM.  

Maybe a light progressive run, where you finish at or near goal HMP?

Cyberic

Never seen so many people in tights in my life. It's like Naaah, not packing any clothes. Going to Boston. Tights and the race jacket is all I need.

DavePNW

Oh I forgot to mention since it was an Earth Day Run, everyone got a tree. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

My most recent 5k's (Garmin time), excluding one that was super hilly:

7/15 - 20:48

11/15 - 20:43

1/16 - 20:46

4/16 - 20:43

So I may be showing no improvement whatsoever, but at least I'm consistent.

Dave