Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: On second thought (Read 42 times)

LRB

I had been toying with the idea of buying them pillows from my stay at the Marriott last week. So I finally got around to looking into that and yeah, no, it would be cheaper to just stay at the hotel every night. lol

LRB

What up doe.

I am heading out. To run what I'm not exactly sure just yet. I'll decided on the fly.

What up doe?

Cyberic

Ah, no mileage target is so fun! I'll run during DD's soccer practice, still easy. I don't know how long before I start doing workoits, but I guess I'll just know from how my body feels.

I was thinking about my upcoming running years these past days, and the timing would be good for a fall marathon 

- I don't think I'll run Spring marathons for a while

- Next summer the family might go to Europe on vacation for a month and training for a marathon in foreign cities is not always easy

- I feel like I got cheated out of a "what I'm worth" time in Boston and kind of want revenge

On the other hand

- Marathons are stupid

- I will not have time to gain substantial speed over the course of a Summer

- With 6-8 miles to go in Boston I remember thinking I was a complete idiot for running and training for these things and that I was done - read marathons are stupid

So either I run one in the fall, or else my next one will probably be fall 2018. By then maybe I will have gained noticeable speed. Or maybe I'll be dead too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 with 2 at MP tonight.

Cy, that is understandable, especially after all the work you put into a PR.  Those types of races demoralize oneself.  Just remember how you felt after your first.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

2 miles for my first-ever treadmill run.  I'm glad I don't have to do that regularly.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Results of yesterday's prune juice meet were mixed.

1500 sucked - 6:04 was 10 seconds off of last years time.  If I run that in September at the state games it might get me a third place.

The 10000 was exactly as planned (and suggested by LRB) - nice progression run ending with the last three miles at or better than HM pace (which is Saturday).  Started with an 8:31 mile and ended with three 7:47's.  (or there about).

Question - do I rest today and run easy Thursday and Friday (remember - HM on Saturday) or am I better to run easy today, rest Thursday, and run easy again on Friday.  Or, do I say fuck it and take the next three days off.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I was thinking about my upcoming running years these past days, and the timing would be good for a fall marathon 

- I don't think I'll run Spring marathons for a while

- Next summer the family might go to Europe on vacation for a month and training for a marathon in foreign cities is not always easy

- I feel like I got cheated out of a "what I'm worth" time in Boston and kind of want revenge

On the other hand

- Marathons are stupid

- I will not have time to gain substantial speed over the course of a Summer

- With 6-8 miles to go in Boston I remember thinking I was a complete idiot for running and training for these things and that I was done - read marathons are stupid

So either I run one in the fall, or else my next one will probably be fall 2018. By then maybe I will have gained noticeable speed. Or maybe I'll be dead too.

Cy - for what it's worth - I ran my best PhatOldMan marathon 9 weeks after a hot weather fail.  I think there is something to be said for making use of the training you've already got in the bank.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I am heading out. To run what I'm not exactly sure just yet. I'll decided on the fly.

Decided? 

LRB

Results of yesterday's prune juice meet were mixed.

1500 sucked - 6:04 was 10 seconds off of last years time.  If I run that in September at the state games it might get me a third place.

The 10000 was exactly as planned (and suggested by LRB) - nice progression run ending with the last three miles at or better than HM pace (which is Saturday).  Started with an 8:31 mile and ended with three 7:47's.  (or there about).

Question - do I rest today and run easy Thursday and Friday (remember - HM on Saturday) or am I better to run easy today, rest Thursday, and run easy again on Friday.  Or, do I say fuck it and take the next three days off.

Or run today and tomorrow and take off Friday. Big grin

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Or run easy all three days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My knee is still bugging me, my foot isn't so much but it almost like they switch back and forth so I know they have something to do with each other.

I think it's safe to say that I cannot say with absolute certainty that I'll be doing the Harmonie Trail Marathon next month, I can't get in a decent long run and if this persists much longer, I'll have to take a week or two off from running............ and I can't imagine doing that damn it.

Anyways, this morning was a crisp 57 degrees but 100% humidity and a dew point of 60 so even though the temp felt nice, I was sweating like  freaking crazy. The moisture was smothering and dense, but got some great pics out of it.

Jetta and I ran 6.4 this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Cy, I ran two marathons in a year once and swore I would never do that stupid shit again. But admittedly, the marathon is not my preferred or chosen distance. There are many others here though who run multiple marathons a year without a problem, and I don't see why you couldn't either.

Whatever you do, don't half ass it. Either go all in or don't go at all. Smile

delicate flower

Good morning!  The network/infrastructure at work went down last night, and of course it was payroll processing night.  So this morning I walked into a whole lot of  .  Interfaces didn't run, reports didn't print, checks didn't seal.  What a mess.  But at least the direct deposit file transmitted.

I've got a bike ride scheduled after work.

So either I run one in the fall, or else my next one will probably be fall 2018. 

Good luck figuring all that out.  Smile   Sounds like your Boston recovery is going well.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh, I forgot to mention. I reached 6,000 miles with this morning's run! Well, I didn't realize it until afterwards but I am now at 6,002.7 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Whatever you do, don't half ass it. Either go all in or don't go at all. Smile

That is not something I need to be concerned about. If I decide to go in, I'm going to work my ass off to make that one count. That is just the way I do things, even if it does not always work out the way I expect.

But were you making a reference to yourself running Boston on insufficient training?

Whatever the case, thanks for your concern Smile

And yes, bluesky, I can see how it worked for you.

Damaris, you're right, that is what I need to do: remember how I felt after my first.