Beginners and Beyond

Monday, August 10th (Read 41 times)

LRB

Yo.

I am going to get out this morning for a 35 minute jog before work. Then with any luck, finally pay the remaining million dollar balance from my emergency room visit back in April for my stupid shin.

I have the money, I have just been delaying on principle. The amount they charged was ridiculous.

Anyway, what's up with you today?

Cyberic

Taking it easy. Gonna run today. Didn't bring the book, but Mondays are all 6 milers, I think, to get ready for Tuesday's workout. But coffee first!

DavePNW

Then with any luck, finally pay the remaining million dollar balance from my emergency room visit back in April for my stupid shin.

I have the money, I have just been delaying on principle. The amount they charged was ridiculous.

All the Canadians here are lol'ing at this.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning, People of the Internet!  Three stinkin' work days to plow through before vacation.

Work permitting, my plan is to hit the pool after work for some laps, then do my easy 30 minute recovery jog.

<3

LRB

As is the entire internet. Big grin

happylily

You bet.

Sorry about that, Rick... It must be upsetting, especially since it's not something you can easily shop for. You're sort of at their mercy when you go to the emergency room...

I did 10 this morning. Finally on vacation! Woohoo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Not much running this weekend, but a lot of running around! lol  Picked up and shoveled five loads of dirt at my brother's house (that makes 8 yards of fill dirt total to mostly fill in this hole, probably need four loads of topsoil now).  Then ran down to Atlanta yesterday to pick up a couch and table from my brother in law.

Hope everyone is having a great monday, I've already had one server go down and had to drive over to our other site to get it back online, fun stuff. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

You bet.

Sorry about that, Rick... It must be upsetting, especially since it's not something you can easily shop for. You're sort of at their mercy when you go to the emergency room...

I did 10 this morning. Finally on vacation! Woohoo!

Actually the money is provided to me by my employer, so technically *I* am not paying it.

You just have a different viewpoint on things when you are the administer of your account. As opposed to when your employer is the admin, you do not think twice about that stuff.

Enjoy your vacation! Will you be running a half marathon while under the influence? Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Actually the money is provided to me by my employer, so technically *I* am not paying it.

You just have a different viewpoint on things when you are the administer of your account. As opposed to when your employer is the admin, you do not think twice about that stuff.

Enjoy your vacation! Will you be running a half marathon while under the influence? Big grin

That RR was awesome!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't know what to do damn it,  ever since I was little I've had episodes of RBD ( REM Sleep Behavior Disorder). When I was younger, it was mainly sleep walking, sleep talking and carrying on conversations while still sleeping, my siblings had fun with that one. But over the last ten years or so, during a very vivid or violent dream I would just run or crawl out of my bed very quickly and I'd wake with my heart pounding like a freight train. One time, nearly 6 years ago I dreamed that (don't laugh) sumo wrestlers were after me and I thought I was running away but actually stomped (yes, stomped) across DH's throat  and he wasn't happy at all about that one. Since Dorian's birth I've only had a couple of episodes but have always feared hurting him (DH loves having him in bed with us, as do I). Well this morning was bad, around 1 AM I was dreaming and in one part of it a Semi was barreling towards our bedroom and was going to come through, my only thought was getting Dorian out of there and as I pulled him out of bed his legs were caught in what I thought was the bed sheets which really scared me because I thought I wouldn't get him out of there in time, but it was DH holding on to his legs. I still managed to get him out of the bedroom and into the living room by the time I woke up freaking out still. Luckily this time he wasn't injured, but I skinned my knees really bad and DH isn't happy at all with the situation. I've got to do something, find something to help treat this. I've read that Melatonin can help, I think I am going to try that first. I am still freaking out over what could've happened 

Anyways... today was Biceps, Triceps and Chest day at the gym.

Standing Barbell Curls: 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps
                        Overhead Triceps: 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps
                        Torso Rotation: 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps
                        Loaded Plate Chest Press: 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX10reps, 90lbsX12reps
                        Standing Rope Hammer Curls: 5 sets / 10 reps / 50 lbs
                        Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX10reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX10reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps
                        Fly Delts: 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps 80lbsX12reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

So, while I was running on the AlterG today, my gaze was wandering around the room because as much as I love the AlterG, it is kind of boring.  And my eyes landed on the calendar.  And I realized that I am registered for two 10Ks within the next month.

What was I thinking?!?!?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

What was I thinking?!?!?!

That it's time to slingshot your fitness, which is what a good 10k (or two) will do.

To avoid this in the future, avoid gazing around while running on the AG. Big grin

Little Blue

Yo.

I am going to get out this morning for a 35 minute jog before work. Then with any luck, finally pay the remaining million dollar balance from my emergency room visit back in April for my stupid shin.

What did they do, replace it with titanium?  The man with the golden shins?

4 miles.  Off to cut grass if it doesn't rain.

bluerun

Super B****

That it's time to slingshot your fitness, which is what a good 10k (or two) will do.

To avoid this in the future, avoid gazing around while running on the AG. Big grin

Did I mention that the second 10K is on Labor Day... and I'm running a 5K an hour prior? 

Sometimes I run with my eyes closed because I haven't quite woken up yet. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog