Beginners and Beyond

Monday, August 10th (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know what to do damn it,  ever since I was little I've had episodes of RBD ( REM Sleep Behavior Disorder). When I was younger, it was mainly sleep walking, sleep talking and carrying on conversations while still sleeping, my siblings had fun with that one. But over the last ten years or so, during a very vivid or violent dream I would just run or crawl out of my bed very quickly and I'd wake with my heart pounding like a freight train. One time, nearly 6 years ago I dreamed that (don't laugh) sumo wrestlers were after me and I thought I was running away but actually stomped (yes, stomped) across DH's throat  and he wasn't happy at all about that one. Since Dorian's birth I've only had a couple of episodes but have always feared hurting him (DH loves having him in bed with us, as do I). Well this morning was bad, around 1 AM I was dreaming and in one part of it a Semi was barreling towards our bedroom and was going to come through, my only thought was getting Dorian out of there and as I pulled him out of bed his legs were caught in what I thought was the bed sheets which really scared me because I thought I wouldn't get him out of there in time, but it was DH holding on to his legs. I still managed to get him out of the bedroom and into the living room by the time I woke up freaking out still. Luckily this time he wasn't injured, but I skinned my knees really bad and DH isn't happy at all with the situation. I've got to do something, find something to help treat this. I've read that Melatonin can help, I think I am going to try that first. I am still freaking out over what could've happened 

Anyways... today was Biceps, Triceps and Chest day at the gym.

Standing Barbell Curls: 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps
    Overhead Triceps: 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX8reps, 22.5lbsX12reps
    Torso Rotation: 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps
    Loaded Plate Chest Press: 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX10reps, 90lbsX12reps
    Standing Rope Hammer Curls: 5 sets / 10 reps / 50 lbs
    Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX10reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX10reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps
    Fly Delts: 80lbsX12reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps 80lbsX12reps

Oy.

Damaris

LRB

What did they do, replace it with titanium? The man with the golden shins?

You mean lead. lol

LRB

Way to kick DH's ass FreeSoul. He has that shit coming at least once a week. Big grin

Little Blue

I don't know what to do damn it,  ever since I was little I've had episodes of RBD ( REM Sleep Behavior Disorder). When I was younger, it was mainly sleep walking, sleep talking and carrying on conversations while still sleeping, my siblings had fun with that one. But over the last ten years or so, during a very vivid or violent dream I would just run or crawl out of my bed very quickly and I'd wake with my heart pounding like a freight train.

I've had this all my life , but I never knew it had a name.  I walked in my sleep a lot as a kid, Mom had to tuck me in really tight so I couldn't get out.  DH has had several amusing conversations with me over the years.  Sometimes I'd try to talk to him when I was awake, but he would ignore me, assuming I was asleep.  Meanwhile, he is a black belt in karate, and occasionally he'll get in a fight in his sleep.  I've been slugged or kicked more than once.  Fortunately I am a light sleeper and can get out of the way before he gets going good.

I don't know if everyone is the same, but I seem to have outgrown it.   Maybe it's tied to stress levels or something?  I hope you find an answer, it really doesn't help the sleep cycle at all.  Meanwhile, I think Dorian needs to stay in his own bed, if only for his physical safety.

DavePNW

Dave

Cyberic

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Little Blue

hike

From the Internet.

(that's minutes, not miles)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've had this all my life , but I never knew it had a name.  I walked in my sleep a lot as a kid, Mom had to tuck me in really tight so I couldn't get out.  DH has had several amusing conversations with me over the years.  Sometimes I'd try to talk to him when I was awake, but he would ignore me, assuming I was asleep.  Meanwhile, he is a black belt in karate, and occasionally he'll get in a fight in his sleep.  I've been slugged or kicked more than once.  Fortunately I am a light sleeper and can get out of the way before he gets going good.

I don't know if everyone is the same, but I seem to have outgrown it.   Maybe it's tied to stress levels or something?  I hope you find an answer, it really doesn't help the sleep cycle at all.  Meanwhile, I think Dorian needs to stay in his own bed, if only for his physical safety.

I agree, but that one is going to be tough. He's so used to falling asleep with us. Hell, I'm usually in bed before him and DH are and the only way I can get him to fall asleep at a certain time is by driving him and that isn't always 100%..... I need a straight jacket for bed.

Haha LRB, yeah but I still feel bad about it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

(that's minutes, not miles)

Well, we never know with you...

Damaris

LRB

Well, we never know with you... Smile 

adkkev

I agree, but that one is going to be tough. He's so used to falling asleep with us. Hell, I'm usually in bed before him and DH are and the only way I can get him to fall asleep at a certain time is by driving him and that isn't always 100%..... 

is that as in "driving him around in the car until he falls asleep"???  To quote Damaris, "oy".

As far as the sleeping with you & your DH ... and Dorian is 3 yrs old now?  again, "oy".  You are your own worst enemy here.

And I recommend having a chat with a doctor about your RBD ... that whole deal sounds pretty effin' scary to me.

B-Plus