Beginners and Beyond

NYC SunDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Good Morning Runners!

I hope I can still catch the NYC Marathon now that I cut my cable. SRD today. About to make some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Dave- Good luck with the 6x1's @ 10k  That would just take wayyy to much out of me. Definitely wanna build up to something like that.

Coastal- Oh yeah leaning around ladders and gutters can tweak you big time. Hope your knee is fine.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

What's up there, Chuckos!  I'm fixing to get that 20 miler done as soon as I down this cup of coffee.  Lunch out when I am done with that, then some football watching and recovery.

I vote we give onemile an honorary 3:09 marathon.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This damn race doesn't even start til 9 AM..... WTF!!!! I know it's probably because of November and they assumed it would be chilly.... boy were they wrong.....

Actually, the full marathon starts at 9, the half starts at 9:30 but I'm going to try and get there before 9 just in case I decided to start with them with intentions of doing the full but end up dropping down to the half.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I vote we give onemile an honorary 3:09 marathon.

Training for a marathon never guarantees you actually get to run it, or that you get a PR for your efforts... this didn't work out - oh well. I have no regrets going home to see my dog and being able to bring her home early is worth more to me than any dumb marathon. I'll be okay with my 3:15 PR Smile

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Good luck FS and onemile!

I was the only one with the foot on the ground (NYCM circa 2011).  Then I woke up from my dream....

DW actually took this photo.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Good luck FS and onemile!

My marathon was yesterday and I skipped it so I could take care of my dog after her surgery...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My marathon was yesterday and I skipped it so I could take care of my dog after her surgery...

I'm glad Gracie is home and recovering well and has her mommy and family with her, even if her big Brother ain't much of a fighter lol....

Gonna be leaving to Harmonie here in like...... 25-30 minutes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sorry onemile.... brain fart on me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

I'm glad Gracie is home and recovering well and has her mommy and family with her, even if her big Brother ain't much of a fighter lol....

Gonna be leaving to Harmonie here in like...... 25-30 minutes.

Good luck!

onemile

LRB

This damn race doesn't even start til 9 AM..... WTF!!!!

Are you ever calm?

LRB

Crazy! Was that from a bite?

onemile

Crazy! Was that from a bite?

Yes. Tooth holes on the bone even  and she had multiple deep puncture wounds on her leg and groin/lower belly

They think the dog bit her leg and she flipped backwards which splintered the bone the way it did

LRB

Yes. Tooth holes on the bone even  and she had multiple deep puncture wounds on her leg and groin/lower belly

They think the dog bit her leg and she flipped backwards which splintered the bone the way it did

I would flip backwards too. What a nightmare! If there was a dog owners horror stories web page, this entry would get a million views!

LRB

I only need to jog for an hour, but I'm going to drive to the trail to do it. It's a bit of an inconvenience (omg, I totally just spelled that without spell check! *), but I think it's therapeutic for my aging, fragile body.

*sometimes I'm lazy and just enter a bunch of random letters then select the right word.