Beginners and Beyond

Philadelphia Marathon RR - marathons are hard (and dumb) - pics added to page six (Read 105 times)

Dreamn

Congrats on a well run race and a big PR, Baboon!  'This race doesn't really go past the historical landmarks, so don't worry, you didn't miss them.

Add me to the not qualified to give advice camp, but I was going to make a similar suggestion to onemile.  What if you targeted a half as your spring goal and ran an early fall marathon, like Erie?  You'd still have some good training to do during the winter and your marathon training would start shortly after NJ (assuming you do an 18-week type of plan).  Also maybe try a structured plan and not run whatever?

Baboon

delicate flower

That's something between the dailies peeps, you should check us out in your spare time.  

oh.  Usually DaveP says stuff and I just sort of gloss over it.

Congrats on a well run race and a big PR, Baboon!  'This race doesn't really go past the historical landmarks, so don't worry, you didn't miss them.

Add me to the not qualified to give advice camp, but I was going to make a similar suggestion to onemile.  What if you targeted a half as your spring goal and ran an early fall marathon, like Erie?  You'd still have some good training to do during the winter and your marathon training would start shortly after NJ (assuming you do an 18-week type of plan).  Also maybe try a structured plan and not run whatever?

I have considered that.  I think a cycle of less miles but more intensity would certainly be fun and interesting.  I think i could get a lot faster.  But I really like the marathon.

<3

LRB

Pretty much. lol

LRB

But I really like the marathon.

It's good to know who you are running-wise otherwise you're just spinning your wheels, instead of just spinning your wheels (SWIDT?).

From the Internet.

Even though you missed your goal that's still a huge PR, congrats!

DavePNW

Eh, I'm used to that.

NTIWKAAT = not that I would know anything about that. Out of curiosity I tried searching for it myself, and the 3rd search result on Google was "LRB's post your Sept mile here thread" from our very own forum. Ha. Every acronym I use, I actually picked up right here.

Dave

onemile

But I really like the marathon.

I like the marathon too. I just hate marathon training.  

DavePNW

I like the marathon too. I just hate marathon training.  

I am not sure I like marathons or marathon training. I just want to keep doing them until I get one right.

Dave

LRB

Eh, I'm used to that.

NTIWKAAT = not that I would know anything about that. Out of curiosity I tried searching for it myself, and the 3rd search result on Google was "LRB's post your Sept mile here thread" from our very own forum. Ha. Every acronym I use, I actually picked up right here.

There are about a dozen or so threads where it has been mentioned here all coming up as results under that search, hilarious!

onemile

I am not sure I like marathons or marathon training. I just want to keep doing them until I get one right.

I said that too.  But my last one was pretty right.  Only problem is I still want to see if I can run under 3:20.

happylily

Eh, I'm used to that.

But Dave, you wrote NTAWKAAT, not NTIWKAAT. I assumed it meant: Not that anyone (such as Lily and myself) would know a-about (I thought it was you stuttering...) that.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I said that too.  But my last one was pretty right.  Only problem is I still want to see if I can run under 3:20.

There is nothing wrong with pushing the envelope once you have it figured out as some of us push it without figuring out anything. lol

happylily

And marathons (and training for them) are not stupid. It's the people who do them who are stupid.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And marathons (and training for them) are not stupid. It's the people who do them who are stupid.

Ooh, that means I am the stupidest of all!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

And I want to see if I can break 3:00.  Might be a pipe dream, but I've got a grand total of one year of consistent 50 mpw running under me.  I figure there is still room to improve.

<3