Beginners and Beyond

Let there be light MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Springing forward is unnatural. You I feel rushed in the morning and there never seems to be enough time in my workday. The time period between November and March however, is calm. Yes, the daylight hours are shorter but that's because we're "sharing the wealth" with the other side of the globe.

Artificially lengthening the day in the summer is stupid and serves no purpose other than to give an excuse to be outside at 9:45 pm when in reality, it should be dark.

I have a good mind to tweet the president that DST was Obama's idea. He'd ban that shit in a heartbeat. lol

I am the opposite, lol.  I prefer more daylight than earlier dark.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have now complete 76 races for the year, with my 5K this past Saturday.  All time high for me for races completed during 1 year.  However, since there are still a couple months to go, not sure what my year-end high will be.   Probably around 80-something.  December I am pretty much going to chill.  I have a liver biopsy the first week of the month and can't run after that for 2 weeks.

Got in my 'long' run yesterday at Fort Sam - 5.1 miles.  About 6 miles is as far as I can run these days, since anything over that, my darn spinal arthritis starts acting up.  It's all good, though, just happy I can run anything.     After my run, I then did my weight training circuit at the fitness center.  Today is a rest day, as I'm now feeling all that a bit.

Sad news...after I finished my run/walk, saw the news on TV about the shooting at the church in Sutherland Springs, TX.  Just awful.  That is near La Vernia, TX, which is only about 45 minutes or so from San Antonio, have run in both towns; very friendly people and nice area.  What a tragedy, my heart goes out to those folks, and especially the ones that lost their children.   What the hell is wrong with people...doing something like this...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunningOnSand

Have now complete 76 races for the year, with my 5K this past Saturday.  All time high for me for races completed during 1 year.  However, since there are still a couple months to go, not sure what my year-end high will be.   Probably around 80-something.  December I am pretty much going to chill.  I have a liver biopsy the first week of the month and can't run after that for 2 weeks.

Got in my 'long' run yesterday at Fort Sam - 5.1 miles.  About 6 miles is as far as I can run these days, since anything over that, my darn spinal arthritis starts acting up.  It's all good, though, just happy I can run anything.     After my run, I then did my weight training circuit at the fitness center.  Today is a rest day, as I'm now feeling all that a bit.

Sad news...after I finished my run/walk, saw the news on TV about the shooting at the church in Sutherland Springs, TX.  Just awful.  That is near La Vernia, TX, which is only about 45 minutes or so from San Antonio, have run in both towns; very friendly people and nice area.  What a tragedy, my heart goes out to those folks, and especially the ones that lost their children.   What the hell is wrong with people...doing something like this...

+1. I'm so saddened by this. And angered. 

My workout sucked ass. 20min up, 6x800s @ 8mm (I have no idea what pace this is -  rep?), w/equal jog recoveries, then supposed to be 1mi @ 8:30mm, w/a 10 min cool down. My mental game wasn't strong going into it, and then I doubly screwed myself by somehow thinking this was a 6-mile workout. Around mile 4 I realized that it was quite a bit longer. 9.42 treadmill miles done, and I couldn't/wouldn't maintain pace for that last 8:30mm. I forced myself to keep moving, which I consider a victory. On the upside I started watching Handmaid's Tale, so yay?

DavePNW

I only have pretty new shoes in my rotation right now. Lace pressure is usually pretty slack because I've had pain in the past due to that and it hurt quite a bit. But it still is my biggest suspect. I'll slacken all my shoes for a while.

Are any of the new shoes an updated version of a model you've worn before? You may recall I wore Ravennas forever, then an update came out which gave me pain at the top of my foot, in the metatarsal area. It seemed to be from reduced height in the toebox; no amount of lace-loosening helped. I had to stop wearing Ravennas.

Dave

onemile

I ran 7

onemile

Are any of the new shoes an updated version of a model you've worn before? You may recall I wore Ravennas forever, then an update came out which gave me pain at the top of my foot, in the metatarsal area. It seemed to be from reduced height in the toebox; no amount of lace-loosening helped. I had to stop wearing Ravennas.

I just found a brand new pair of Ravennas in my closet last weekend that I didn't realize I had 

DavePNW

I just found a brand new pair of Ravennas in my closet last weekend that I didn't realize I had 

Ha. Shoe hoarder! Can you imagine what Damaris's closet looks like?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. Shoe hoarder! Can you imagine what Damaris's closet looks like?

It’s just INKnBURN and running shoes. Nothing else.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

It’s just INKnBURN and running shoes. Nothing else.

are you an INKnBURN rep? I've never tried their clothes before - there's a pair of shorts that I'm jonesin for though!

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 4 easy.  The weather report said 68 degrees today so I packed a singlet for my post-work run.  Come run time it was 55 and raining and I was all "wtf is this shit?"

<3

KCRuns

I’m off this week, woooo hooooo! But my plan is to clean out closets 😔. Slept in and then got 8 miles at a mostly easy pace. I wore long sleeves, but probably should have worn a vest as well, it was chilly. I took regular walk breaks to keep the hip happy (especially on the uphills), but also sped up in a couple of straight stretches just because. Overall, this is the best I’ve felt during and after a run since the marathon ☺️ Making progress!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

are you an INKnBURN rep? I've never tried their clothes before - there's a pair of shorts that I'm jonesin for though!

I have been a client since they started and was an ambassador for 2 years. Which ones you like?  I have almost everything (the almost is to not to appear too crazy)

Damaris

Cyberic

I have plenty of shoes, different make and model, so hard to say. But contrary to the last time it happened, this time I won't let it become incapacitating

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 done on the Altras.  Trying to get back to the Altras.  Since the knee surgery and later patella displacement I have not dared to run much in them.  We'll see.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

OFR - Nice day in the dirt!  Careful, you might learn to love it.

Docket - I hear to take it slowly in Altras.  I'm still adjusting to mine.  Don't know what posessed me to run a 5k in them, but I never claimed to be smart.  Good luck!

Early darkness made it too easy to make it a URD for me.  Training for my first ultra is going great!   Not.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours