Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday -- We are Penguins, not Ninjas (Read 31 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Enjoy the runs. Wait, that doesn't sound right...

I am away from work at an all day meeting today. I loathe them but at least they feed us.  9 miles with 5x1000 intervals tonight.

See ya!

Zelanie

Oh, I forgot to say that you guys reminded me that I needed to complete my training videos by the end of the month.  We didn't have to learn about steel, but we did get reminded to check the MSDS for all chemicals, to avoid bloodborne pathogens, and that child abuse is bad.  Also, don't have sex with students.

What would we do if we didn't have these videos to tell us?

Jack- Hi!  Hope the meeting is tolerable.  Good luck on the intervals!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Conferences tonight at DD's school.

Awood- Maybe your feet have taper madness?  I bet it is something finally healing up in there now that you're not on your feet as much.

Margo- Sounds like you are peaking at the perfect time!  Thanks for the reminder- my favorite light jacket is black, so I have to remember not to wear it even when it's the perfect thing for the temps.

kristin- Hope you feel better!

Scotty- That's such a good idea to use the Y as a base for your running so that you can get to more places!  Also, I don't think you answered last time- how are you doing on your mileage for your birthday goal?  On track?  Just because you changed your goal doesn't mean you shouldn't reach for it!

Jimmy- When I saw the pics, I thought it was going to be about how you were woorking your IT band while waiting for your foam roller.

D- Morning!  When is the next marathon?

obie- I hate cold and raining too!  But it's usually not as bad as I think it will be if I actually go out in in it.  Hope the appointment goes well.

Ahem, this weekend

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, ninjas!!  Wait, is this the wrong thread?  Anyway, I'm getting a new laptop at work as our IT guys phase out Windows XP.  They're bringing it over to copy everything at 1 pm, so I might not be around after that.  Depends on how long it takes them to copy everything and then for me to figure out how to work Windows 7!  Then quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!  It'll be a busy night, as we have a Veterans Day gig come up soon, and then Christmas gigs starting immediately after.

Awood -- wow, that doesn't sound like much fun!!

Phillie -- DH and Dusty and I went for a walk last night when I got home, and none of us was wearing anything reflective.  I did grab my headlamp on the way out the door, so at least SOMETHING was visible!!

kristin -- hope your tummy feels better!!

scotty -- have a good wet run!!

Docket -- have a good 9 with hubby!!

Jerryb -- hope your run is dry!!

jblack -- glad you had a good roll in the hay!!

obie -- yeah, cold and rain is hot chocolate weather, not running weather!!

Bin -- maybe you need to wear a bell to warn people?

hog -- have a good RD!!

Zelanie -- hope the conferences go well!!

Jack -- hope the meetings go by quickly!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

D- Good luck!

HsM- Glad you're finally getting Windows 7, hehe. Smile  Much better than XP.  Hope the transition goes smoothly!

Bin Running

Mitch, enjoy the RD.. I am glad I reread your RR.. cos i didn't see your email corresponsence with Julie the first time.

Mel, what does conferences in school mean?

Jack, good luck with the intervals.

Damaris, this weekend?! Wow.. good luck.

Hopesmom, I tried to warn them with my "ahem".. but that's what strtled the lady..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Bin- Conferences are where you go in and talk to your kid's teachers about how they are doing in school.

Bin Running

Mel, must be exciting.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Uh huh, Jimmy, right.  Come clean now...you said something to your wife that annoyed her and she knocked you right off that thing didn't she? Joking

Sorry about the cold and raining, obiebyke.  It actually is warm and raining here in San Antonio....raining, very humid, and a high of 83 today.   , It was in the 50s last week.  Mother Nature is messing with San Antonio again, I swear, one of her relatives must've been at The Alamo way back when...

Nope, Bin, just my usual running attire. I'm scary enough as is, lol. Take care of those leg aches.  And stop scaring the ladies.

Happy RD, Mitch.

Yes, Zelanie, I am on track.   I added a day to my running, so am doing 5 days a week. So far I have 66 miles in for October, so 194 miles to meet my goal.  That is very doable in 4 months - have it done by Feb 10 is my goal, that is my 60th birthday - even for a slow old dog like me.

5 X 1000!  Jack, you're turning into as hardcore an interval person as Zelanie is! Joking

Damaris, you have ANOTHER marathon this weekend, already? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bin- Conferences are where you go in and talk to your kid's teachers about how they are doing in school.

Hell, some of the parents need a conference about how THEY'RE doing!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HI!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I got my new laptop!  So far the only problem (except for the fact that I don't know my way around yet) is that my keyboard is missing one of the feet, so it won't prop up.  Doh!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Running around Detroit.  Posting from the phone.  The coke battery up here wants to try a double chromium carbide overlay in their chutes.  We put in a 10x12 piece.  Theoretically, it should dominate other materials they have tried.  Should be off my feet soon.  I need them at 100%.

Hi, watching videos today?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Laptop feet?

Ok, I got my new laptop!  So far the only problem (except for the fact that I don't know my way around yet) is that my keyboard is missing one of the feet, so it won't prop up.  Doh!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost