Beginners and Beyond

Fresh Start Mondailies (Read 55 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today ended up being a rest day.......... due to both pairs of shorts being dirty and my dumb butt not realizing it til I was ready to run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Coastal

Crazy world, sometimes.

KCRuns:  Are you using the free MapMyRun?  You can export individual runs in TCX files.  I read that the paid version can export all of it.  I have years of MMR data and have thought about paying and downloading my data to RA.  I've imported individual hikes into Google Earth so it seems that RA should be able to take it?

ROS: OFR's plan makes sense.  You might also try eating plenty of carbs the day before to make sure you are fully fueled.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day, just some core work.

RunningOnSand

OFR - I developed low ferritin last fall. I was really struggling to run and my pace was really slow. When I had my annual, I asked for a ferritin test. She did a quick check for anemia, and I was fine, but when the ferritin results came back I was really low. I started with iron supplements and within a month or so, my energy came back and running was good again. I wouldn't have asked for the ferritin test if it weren't for the forums. I read stories of people whose struggles with running were caused by low iron, so figured it was worth checking out.

Ginny, do you remember what supplement you went on?

RunningOnSand

k, you guys have convinced me. I'll sign up! Thanks for the advice, guys Smile

bluerun

Super B****

Well, that bouldering session got cut short... I hate leaving a problem unsolved when I'm THISclose to getting it, but I've learned the hard way that it's smarter to call it a day when this happens.  Why is my skin so delicate??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah usually, but I read some people store iron, and it can be really bad news. So I wanted to get my iron levels checked. And living at alt. makes you need more iron too, so got my levels checked. The regular yearly panel we get don't include a Ferritin (iron) test. Here's some info. Smile

http://running.competitor.com/2014/06/nutrition/iron-level-upkeep-for-runners_63445

http://www.runningwritings.com/2017/04/low-ferritin-and-iron-deficiency-anemia.html

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hemochromatosis/home/ovc-20167289

https://www.runnersworld.com/health/

Huh, that's interesting... is it not a standard thing to test ferritin levels?  It looks like I got mine tested at my physical this year, and I didn't explicitly ask for it.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Well, that bouldering session got cut short... I hate leaving a problem unsolved when I'm THISclose to getting it, but I've learned the hard way that it's smarter to call it a day when this happens.  Why is my skin so delicate??

You mean not as hard as a boulder?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

You mean not as hard as a boulder?

Calluses are supposed to prevent this from happening!!

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

Crazy world, sometimes.

KCRuns:  Are you using the free MapMyRun?  You can export individual runs in TCX files.  I read that the paid version can export all of it.  I have years of MMR data and have thought about paying and downloading my data to RA.  I've imported individual hikes into Google Earth so it seems that RA should be able to take it?

ROS: OFR's plan makes sense.  You might also try eating plenty of carbs the day before to make sure you are fully fueled.

Yes, I have the free version. I’m thinking of paying for it to get the export, but that seems ridiculous when I say it out loud. I did start the log here on 10/1 and have my Garmin set to sync, so maybe that’s enough. I’m not giving up MMR and I have my excel sheets if I need something. But I know it’d be nice to have it all here too. I don’t know, maybe I’ll pay for one month of premium service so I can export everything at once. I’ll sleep on it.

GinnyinPA

Ginny, do you remember what supplement you went on?

I just take the Nature Made 65 mg. Basic drug store iron. I'm due for a retest soon, but I certainly feel a lot better.

oldfartrunner

Calluses are supposed to prevent this from happening!!

Maybe just tape certain areas? According to the guy on the movie "Two Guns" , you could toughen your hands by peeing on them daily....I guess it just depends on the plan/doctor if they test for iron.

oldfartrunner

Today ended up being a rest day.......... due to both pairs of shorts being dirty and my dumb butt not realizing it til I was ready to run.

Heck don't worry about it until you start drawing flies.  That's when I know it's time to change um out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Heck don't worry about it until you start drawing flies.  That's when I know it's time to change um out.

Image result for laughing hysterically

Unfortunately, being a woman and my shorts having built in undies.... that isn't a sanitary option 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)