Beginners and Beyond

Sore Ass SunDAILIES (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

After skiing most of the day yesterday, wife and I were back on the slopes today.  Only a half day of skiing today but my legs are definitely not in ski shape.  I was happy to find out that my Garmin 920 has a SKI mode!  So now I can track all my skiing and save the workouts.  Big grin  It's kind of depressing though when you've been skiing "all day" and Garmin says you actually only skiing for less than 90 minutes.  Heh.  Anyway, both of my scheduled workouts this weekend are bumped off the schedule due to tired ski legs.  Coach said this is allowed.  Back at it tomorrow.

<3

DavePNW

Do you think it's the PNW mold and stuff?

Possible. My allergies have been terrible this fall/winter. This is my 2nd season here, I don't remember it being this bad last year.

Dave

Zelanie

Possible. My allergies have been terrible this fall/winter. This is my 2nd season here, I don't remember it being this bad last year.

Hopefully not then.  I'll blame airline air.

I ran a mile.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice! Mine has sort of been the opposite lately. I have had to stay on Advair for quite some time - I used to just be on it for a few months at a time, then could wean myself off. But haven't been able to.  And in the last few weeks, I've even had to up it from once to twice/day. I know I need that when I find myself using the albuterol at other times during the day. Can't imagine foregoing the pre-run hit.

MTA: oh yeah, 13 miles today, 53 for the week.

Ugh, hope it improves for you.  I still have my long term asthma med at the ready, but hoping dropping the other meds was key.  I keep looking at the peak flow meter like it's drunk.  It has me at 90% of breathing capacity.  A month ago I was at what, 52%?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you think it's the PNW mold and stuff?

Could be.  From what I heard, once you have allergies, you will develop new ones if you move (to stuff you were not allergic before).  So maybe it's just something in the air, literally.

Damaris

From the Internet.

I ran 11.1 too fast with my club yesterday (8:11 average and a few miles low-8's, a couple sub-8), went out for what I thought would be an achy sluggish recovery jog today and ended up instead running 10 and feeling phenomenal (nice easy effort, 9:14 pace, last couple dipped below 9). Building a base and then not getting injured in some stupid way is paying off finally! Big grin I believe these were my first back-to-back double-digit runs ever and I can't stop smiling about it.

GinnyinPA

DR - that's great news about your asthma.  My breathing has been a lot better now that grass isn't being mowed all the time. Now I just have to worry about wood smoke, but that isn't as bad for me as grass.

LRB

It's been snowing like a big dog all day here. My options for outdoor running will be limited as a result.

onemile

It's been snowing like a big dog all day here. My options for outdoor running will be limited as a result.

We've gotten over 7" here

LRB

We've gotten over 7" here

I've shoveled twice today and I'm guessing we'll be north of 10 when it's all said and done. It's not Jay in Buffalo deep but it's enough to make some of my routes impassable, one of them (the PCT) probably until spring.

on my way to badass

RD here. Snow started just before dinner.  We're supposed to get between 1 and 10 inches depending on which channel you watch.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28