Beginners and Beyond

Week 7 Penguins just need a hug!! (02/11-02/17) (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Just identified American mastodon in one of my Museum of Fine Arts samples. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - very cool. Where did they find the sample? We found a petroglyph of a mastadon on a rock in Utah once.

D - great job on your long run. How is your throat?

Rest day here. We met a friend in W. Va for lunch so I decided to do my Friday rest a day early. It's good because my cold is still making me cough too much, so hopefully another easy rest day will help me get better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say the throat felt fine today.  Must have been the coughing, I think.  Enjoy the rest day.

HopesMom, wow!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.  Normally we have Pilates class but we are heading to see Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons tonight!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

These samples are from African artifacts.  They're "power figures", figurines maybe 12-18 inches tall.  They have holes bored in them where people put "power substances", and basically they're trying to figure out what the substances are.  My investigator loved the mastodon identification, but thought the dog proteins I also identified were more likely.  I dunno, there were a fair number of peptides for that protein, so the identification is pretty good ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

D - enjoy the concert. I used to enjoy the Four Seasons a lot. Is your husband feeling better?

HM - I would think elephant would be more likely. Those artifacts must be very old.