Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 46 times)

onemile

And apparently all the fast women are in my AG because I was 7th OA female, 5th AG.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats anyway!

This is one of my fears of small races, although not yet had this problem (staying away from the front of the pack helps ).

You would have been out in front & the leader  First place was 16 minutes for slightly over 2 miles. This was the first time I've ever done a race timed by this RM group (not gonna throw them under the bus). I was considering their Halloween race. Now I'm not. Although from what I gathered, they were responsible for timing only, someone else had done the course markings. And no one was at any intersections or turns, aside from one cop at the main road.

Nice race Onemile!

LRB

LRB, if you aren't feeling it after 8-10, you may cut it short.

I wish it were that easy bro, but you have to put in the miles or there is no point to any of it.

Despite getting the most sleep in years last night (and the past week for that matter), I just never had the energy or desire to run today.

The course was an out and back with the out portion ascending and I just could never get going, it was awful.

I didn't look at my watch except for the mile splits and ran by effort instead, and if today is any indication of what's to come I am toast.

I tried to salvage the back end but my legs are just sore and I am spent and just sick of the whole stupid thing.

onemile

I wish it were that easy bro, but you have to put in the miles or there is no point to any of it.

Despite getting the most sleep in years last night (and the past week for that matter), I just never had the energy or desire to run today.

The course was an out and back with the out portion ascending and I just could never get going, it was awful.

I didn't look at my watch except for the mile splits and ran by effort instead, and if today is any indication of what's to come I am toast.

I tried to salvage the back end but my legs are just sore and I am spent and just sick of the whole stupid thing.

Good job on sticking with it.  I am told that 'time on your feet at marathon pace effort' is what matters.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LR done.  Except for my back bothering me from yesterday, it went really well.  TM of course.

Damaris

LRB

Mitch finished his marathon in 4:13:47. His soft goal was 4:15, so he beat that!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mitch finished his marathon in 4:13:47. His soft goal was 4:15, so he beat that!

Yay!

LRB

Good job on sticking with it.  

Yep, that was all I had FFS.

The urge to run easy was overwhelming. It was also stupid because I did that last week, so I just put my head down and churned my legs. Telling myself to just stick with it, numbers be damned.

For those keeping score at home, I managed a GU in-stride at miles 4 and 8. I had another in my pocket for mile 12 but by then my sole focus was to get to mile 15, and the end of the 12 miles at quality of the run which seemingly. Took. For. Ever.

onemile

Congrats to Mitch!

That sounds pretty annoying what happened at your race this morning HC.   Congrats on your placing though!

onemile

Yep, that was all I had FFS.

The urge to run easy was overwhelming. It was also stupid because I did that last week, so I just put my head down and churned my legs. Telling myself to just stick with it, numbers be damned.

For those keeping score at home, I managed a GU in-stride at miles 4 and 8. I had another in my pocket for mile 12 but by then my sole focus was to get to mile 15, and the end of the 12 miles at quality of the run which seemingly. Took. For. Ever.

*10* GU points!

LRB

*10* GU points!

You are so funny!

Thank you. Wink

Zelanie

For those keeping score at home, I managed a GU in-stride at miles 4 and 8. 

But what flavors?

Cyberic

Congrats Mitch!

There was a local rather competitive local race today. DD ran the 1km.

I was checking the times and here are a few facts.

1538 runners in the 5K

A sub 20 (19:59) 5K would have deserved a 111th overall

A sub 16 (15:59) 5K would have been good for 8th overall

There were 14 sub-20 women, and 3 of them were sub-18.

Top woman: 17:04  Top man: 15:09

1973 runners in the 10K

A sub-40  (39:59) would have been good for 90th overall

A sub 35 (34:59) would have placed 17th

The coach of the running club I sometimes go to finished 13th in 34:33.8, 1st in M50-59

Top man: 30:59.8, top woman 37:49

LRB

But what flavors?

Big red apple and lemon sublime.

I actually ran with the lemon one in my mouth for about a hundred.meters before finally choking it down FFS. I've come a long way baby. Big grin

onemile

Congrats Mitch!

There was a local rather competitive local race today. DD ran the 1km.

I was checking the times and here are a few facts.

1538 runners in the 5K

A sub 20 (19:59) 5K would have deserved a 111th overall

A sub 16 (15:59) 5K would have been good for 8th overall

There were 14 sub-20 women, and 3 of them were sub-18.

Top woman: 17:04  Top man: 15:09

1973 runners in the 10K

A sub-40  (39:59) would have been good for 90th overall

A sub 35 (34:59) would have placed 17th

The coach of the running club I sometimes go to finished 13th in 34:33.8, 1st in M50-59

Top man: 30:59.8, top woman 37:49

My 5k had 640 runners.

- 4 women under 20 minutes (winner 18:37)

- 4 men under 18 minutes (winner 16:43)