Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Back to Business (Read 37 times)

onemile

I ran 10 miles with the Mona fartlek

RunningOnSand

Cancelling a vacation is definitely up there in the suckage scale

This would make me furious.

Cyberic

Part 2 of my double is done.  3 x 10:00 tempo.  Fantastic run.

Great job! Quite a day!

LRB

The running total of likes has been removed from posts on Instagram for those who use/peruse that site. Now it just shows likes without the total number of them.

Cyberic

I need to turn off the auto-lap when I do intervals longer than a mile.  Even when I program the workout (which I always do), it still laps every full mile.

Humm, I prefer how mine works. A typical programmed workout will be :

Warmup until lap press

3 x (10 minutes run, 2 minutes recover)

Cool down until lap press

And it will show up as such in my log. My warmup can be 20 miles long, it will show as one 20 mile split.

I read something from DCRainmaker that what you're describing was becoming "possible". Actually that's what I think I read, and therefore I didn't think it was mandatory. Just one more option you could use. But since my F3HR is too old, I have not experienced it. But I would definitely look in the watch's settings if that behavior bugs you, as it might just be an option.

MTA: Ha! I read your later comments, and I see you explained that you have to turn auto-lap off. That sucks, though.

LRB

Humm, I prefer how mine works. A typical programmed workout will be :

Warmup until lap press

3 x (10 minutes run, 2 minutes recover)

Cool down until lap press

And it will show up as such in my log. My warmup can be 20 miles long, it will show as one 20 mile split.

I read something from DCRainmaker that what you're describing was becoming "possible". Actually that's what I think I read, and therefore I didn't think it was mandatory. Just one more option you could use. But since my F3HR is too old, I have not experienced it. But I would definitely look in the watch's settings if that behavior bugs you, as it might just be an option.

That's what I was used to and it may have changed when I got the 245. Great observation.

Cyberic

I ran 10 miles with the Mona fartlek

Nice! Steady as a clock in your training.

bluerun

Super B****

The running total of likes has been removed from posts on Instagram for those who use/peruse that site. Now it just shows likes without the total number of them.

Mine looks just like it always did 🤷🏻‍♀️

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

The workout / auto-lap situation... seems it was a user requested feature.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-645-645-m/155869/workout-splits-vs-auto-lap

A dude in that thread suggest creating another activity profile, he calls it "run-ints" in which auto-lap is off, so he uses that instead of "run" when he wants to run intervals. That's what I'd do.

LRB

My body clock has been so out of whack since the time change that it's been the worst adjustment I can remember. I've been completely wiped out every night between 7:00 and 8:00, fall fast asleep, then wake up at midnight, 1:00, 2:00 or 3 o'clock and stay up for hours. Today I drank an espresso at 3:00 pm in hopes of finally breaking the cycle and get back to my normal, regular insomnia instead of this insomnia on steroids shit. The barista warned that I might be up until midnight and that may prove true, however, at some point, the hope is to tire myself out and reset my internal clock and that was the best I could come up with.

LRB

Mine looks just like it always did 🤷🏻‍♀️

Look at someone else's posts and see if there is a total number of likes on a post or just likes by others...

bluerun

Super B****

Look at someone else's posts and see if there is a total number of likes on a post or just likes by others...

When I said “mine,” I meant my feed. I can still see how many likes a post has and who liked it

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Part 2 of my double is done.  3 x 10:00 tempo.  Fantastic run.

You're on a roll!

LRB

When I said “mine,” I meant my feed. I can still see how many likes a post has and who liked it

Yes, a user can see how many likes their posts has, but only they can see the total. Which is why I said go to someone else's posts.

RunningOnSand

I ran 6.6 miles this afternoon. It was 42, so I was able to run in long sleeves without a jacket. I should have had gloves for the first 3 miles though.

How have you been feeling lately?