Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are feeling adventurous (Read 42 times)

LRB

Yo.

There is a recall issue with my car so I am dropping it off at the dealer this morning (finally geezus!) then will run to work. I am not sure what route to take to get my 7 miles in since map my run was being SUCH A PAIN last night so I will just figure it out on the fly. #runnerproblems

Anyway, what up doe?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

No running for me again today.   My left foot can't pass the hop test.  I'm starting to think it's not just a tendon.  It feels too much like the same pain in the same spot as my stress fracture back in 2014.  Maybe I'm over-analyzing it.  I'll try the hop test again in a couple of days.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah, this week has just been blah for me.

Woke up tired, and legs sore and still feeling like lead. It was 64 degrees out and 11 mph WSW winds. Plan was originally for 5, but I really wanted 8... Jetta and I ended up with 6 miles. I figure I'll try to get in another 2-3 miles this evening with Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have either 7 or 10 miles and Pilates.  Dropping Trixie at the vet for her kidney checkup (last time her numbers were high) and then find time to work and run.

PleasantRidge, sorry about your foot.  Hoping it's only a tendon issue and not broken.  Are you going to the doctor at some point?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning!

No running for me again today.   My left foot can't pass the hop test.  I'm starting to think it's not just a tendon.  It feels too much like the same pain in the same spot as my stress fracture back in 2014.  Maybe I'm over-analyzing it.  I'll try the hop test again in a couple of days.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Good morning!

Not that I know a damn thing about anything, but not only would I not use the hop test to judge an injury,  I would probably shatter every bone in my body if I tried it!

At least the one I've seen is some shit I would have trouble doing if I were completely healthy, unless you're talking about just hopping up and down?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hoping it's only a tendon issue and not broken.  Are you going to the doctor at some point?

If it's not runnable in 6 weeks, then I'll go to the Dr.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

, unless you're talking about just hopping up and down?

yeah, this.  If it hurts to hop on one foot, it will hurt to run.

LRB

I only managed 6.3 of my planned miles, mostly because I am running slower than usual so I ran out of time. It didn't help that the dealer wasn't open precisely at 7:00 as advertised, but I've come to accept that punctuality has gone the way of the dinosaur.

From the Internet.

Finally starting to feel like a human again! Ran 5 yesterday and my heart rate actually stayed down because I could breathe again ffs... and then my bladder was like "hey it's go time!" *right* at the turnaround point, as far as possible from home, and I had to progression-run my way back. Thanks body.

bluerun

Super B****

My neck did not get the memo that it was supposed to stop hurting, so my ride this morning was super fun!  (It wasn't too bad, actually... intervals tend to be more bearable than just steadily pedaling to nowhere.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

There is a recall issue with my car so I am dropping it off at the dealer this morning

You must have the same car my brother does!

I hope that isn't it!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

You must have the same car my brother does!

A lemon? Yes. lol

Something about the gas tank mounting hardware rusting prematurely. Wonderful.

LRB

My neck did not get the memo that it was supposed to stop hurting, so my ride this morning was super fun!  (It wasn't too bad, actually... intervals tend to be more bearable than just steadily pedaling to nowhere.)