Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #240 (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's Thursday for those who need the reminder (ok, me). 5 miles this morning. I did lower body strength training last night, my legs were not happy about the run this morning.

my legs were not happy about the run this morning.

+1.

8 sluggish miles.

Dave

onemile

I ran 8 also. it was 76 degrees at 5:30am 

sdWhiskers

4 miles then dropped the car off for new tires.

It feels like a Friday since this is my last day of the week to go into work but I still wfh tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have the 14 with 5 @ MP that I missed yesterday and weights.

Damaris

I ran 8 also. it was 76 degrees at 5:30am 

The heat allowed you to beat my pace, 8:57 to 8:51.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She is faster than you. Wink

Damaris

onemile

I ran with URP and RRP and for some reason they were going really slow for the first mile (like even by my standards and with my wonky hamstring). Maybe because it was completely dark out still when we started.. or we were all half asleep

onemile

She is faster than you. Wink

not in the easy run competition 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I got yet another request to do the survery for my recent car service. I told them they need to update their questions. One was "did the rep smile". I should not really be able to tell because the rep should have on a damn mask. They also have ratings of very good, not very good. Like how about acceptable? There was nothing that stood out, but you didn't piss me off.

LRB

I ran 7 in soup.

At around mike 6, I came upon a sprinkler that was shooting water across the sidewalk. I thought great, I can rinse the gross and sticky sweat off my hands. So I get right up to the thing and go to stick my hands out, and it turned off! 

3mi then Farouk’s House of Pain😮
                          Called just before I ran and had a 10am appt...  I determined  the ‘quad problem’ Is a fascia problem aka IT which thick band of fascia.  Quad was feeling fine this morning but I want it fixed for good; if I’m ever to run in a race I have to be able to run on road crown.

Looong story, I had chronic right hip bursitis 2001-2003, can’t do the Standard standing IT stretch as it gives me a buzz in the hip; can’t do foam roller for the same reason...don’t think I could have have fully resolved the problem.

Hopefully Farouk grinding his elbow into the IT will revolve the problem permanently... and quickly.   

Now at MODERNA getting the second COVID vaccine shot (or the placebo)😀

sdWhiskers

At around mike 6, I came upon a sprinkler that was shooting water across the sidewalk. I thought great, I can rinse the gross and sticky sweat off my hands. So I get right up to the thing and go to stick my hands out, and it turned off! 

Haha

Water is expensive here so people don't run their sprinklers for very long. When I see one on, I sprint like mile pace to get to it before it shuts off 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm always worried that people are using some sort of fertilizer or other chemical attached to their sprinkler, so I tend to avoid them. My neighbor was running his every morning when I left for runs--we were in the middle of record July rainfall. Totally not necessary.

ETA, I am watching a press conferencce where our Governor (who I am usually a fan of) just announced all school systems are safe to reopen. In some counties, school starts MONDAY. I can't speak for public schools, but I know our administrators have spent a ton of time on planning for reopening and/or on-line learning. Way to stress pretty much everyone out.

ETA, I am watching a press conferencce where our Governor (who I am usually a fan of) just announced all school systems are safe to reopen. In some counties, school starts MONDAY. I can't speak for public schools, but I know our administrators have spent a ton of time on planning for reopening and/or on-line learning. Way to stress pretty much everyone out.

Don't worry, they'll be back to remote learning after a couple days and a whole bunch of cases.

Dave