Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - Use it or lose it. (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 41 miles that were all right.  It wasn't spectacular, but better than yesterday's crawl.  Work fatigue sure does cut into my workouts, and that is some bullshit Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PR, those are some miles!

I have Pilates and 7 or 0, depending the time I get home.

I just sent a bunch of emails at 7am pissing people off.  I find so inappropriate that you want to tell the doj what to do like we sell our souls or something.  There are certain things that we decide that we don't consult with people and if you have an issue, call 1-800-IDGAF.  Thank you.

That's my mood today.

Damaris

delicate flower

lmao GOOD MORNING!  2400 yard swim done.  Bike workout tonight, and unfortunately it's looking like a bike trainer workout due to the rain.

I have to attend sexual harassment training at 9:30.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I had a somewhat aggressive track workout today.  400m, 800, 1,200, 1,600, 1,200, and 800, with a 400m recovery after each run.  That's tough way to work a 1,600 into my routine for the first time.  Most of the runs were fine, but part of me really didn't want to run that last 800.  I was lucky to have slightly cooler weather (69) with thick overcast to keep the sun from warming things up.  I'm also lucky there are some lights near the track, as I got there at 5:30 and with the clouds it was still rather dark out.  I'm glad tomorrow is a scheduled rest day.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all!

Had a nice run last night of a little over 11 miles. I had planned on running solo, but a buddy texted and wanted to join in, so we did about 8 together. It's funny, I'd never reach out and ask, but I did enjoy the company. Also did my 5 minutes of mountain legs (basically lunges and step work) - boy did I feel it!

Tonight will be a short run, hopefully with hill sprints at the end. I'm subbing in a golf league again, so golf right after work.

Pleasant...good to see you back to the 40!

Docket...hope you make it to the 7. IDGAF because it's your birthday?

Baboon...Did the arms swim any better today? Have fun at your 7 millionth training this year.

Fred...Way to get through the ladder! Pushing through those intervals when you want to quit will make you so much stronger. Enjoy the well earned rest day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Good workout Fred.

Baboon, sounds like fun

SIAR, if I don't reach out to people, I'll run alone. So I do, now.

Ran 7.3 or or something, with 5 x (1200m/2min). Was not mentally into it, but ended up with an ok workout.

LRB

400m, 800, 1,200, 1,600, 1,200, and 800, with a 400m recovery after each run.  

That's a great workout. Is there a 400 missing?

Come November (and through February), there will be darkness for the entirety of the workout. Your eyes adjust and after a while you get used to it.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

That's a great workout. Is there a 400 missing?

Come November (and through February), there will be darkness for the entirety of the workout. Your eyes adjust and after a while you get used to it.

Nope, there isn't a 400 missing.  I double checked the plan myself and the workout ended after the last 800.  It was enough, though, as all track days until now had 4,800m of hard running while today had 6,000m.  Come November I'll be running the marathon and taking a break from track work.  :-)

Baboon - Nice swim.  They're training you how to sexually harass people?  ;-)

SIAR - Nice 11.  I've yet to find anyone around here who runs my pace for long distances.  The distance runners are all faster than me and the slower runners don't go as far.  Not that I've tried too hard as I know the odds of finding people willing to run as early as I do are low to begin with.

Eric - Nice interval workout.  I'm often not in the mood to start but once I get going my mind falls in line.  Do you experience the same thing?

PR - Good job on the 41.

DR - 7 or 0 is a choice tailored to someone having a bad day.  I hope yours gets better.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

onemile

I ran 8

LRB

I ran 7.

Runshortii

I ran 9 with 10 min, 8 min, 6 min and 4 min @ 7:20 pace with 3 min recovery after the 10 min and 6 min, and 2 minute recoveries on the last two. I felt pretty decent considering yesterday my legs still felt like garbage.

onemile

Nope, there isn't a 400 missing.  I double checked the plan myself and the workout ended after the last 800.  It was enough, though, as all track days until now had 4,800m of hard running while today had 6,000m.  Come November I'll be running the marathon and taking a break from track work.  :-)

I always failed that workout when I did it and mine did have another 400 at the end. Of course I gave my book away because after 2 cycles of that I wanted nothing to do with that plan ever again.

onemile

I ran 9 with 10 min, 8 min, 6 min and 4 min @ 7:20 pace with 3 min recovery after the 10 min and 6 min, and 2 minute recoveries on the last two. I felt pretty decent considering yesterday my legs still felt like garbage.

Nice. Is that half marathon pace?

LRB

I always failed that workout when I did it and mine did have another 400 at the end. Of course I gave my book away because after 2 cycles of that I wanted nothing to do with that plan ever again.

I don't think I've ever done it but it always intrigued me.

Cyberic

Fred, yep, most are 4800m, that one is 6000 and there is one at 5000m, IIRC.

And yeah, it's very often like that. But since I write my own workouts as I go along, this one could have been a 6x1200 if I would have had a more positive mind set Smile