Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday Dailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No actual plans to run today, we'll see how things go...

I got up this morning at 2 again, went to the gym and killed my delts. Considered going for a quick 3 miler but then decided getting in another 3 hours of sleep sounded a whole lot better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.  And today I should get my piano delivered.  Yay!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  RD for me.  And today I should get my piano delivered.  Yay!

You play the piano?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You play the piano?

LOL, you probably missed all that conversation last weekend?  My first recital was at age 5, so...yeah.  I bought a used baby grand.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG immediately after I got out of bed and calculated that I needed to wait fifteen hours before getting back into it. This whole business of being a zombie all day is really getting kind of old.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Skipped my swim again this morning to procure more taper sleep, because sleep > swim.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LOL, you probably missed all that conversation last weekend?  My first recital was at age 5, so...yeah.  I bought a used baby grand.

Yes I missed that, or at least I don't remember that conversation.

You need to post a video on IG of you playing 

PRs

LRB

I ran 7.

At around mile 3, I tried the credit card in the butt thing for about two steps before busting out laughing, that shit was hilarious!

I don't know how on earth I could ever make it to 5 minutes running like that. It would have to be in a group and we all were doing it. Maybe I'll come to Chicago next fall for the shakeout run and we can do it then!

sdWhiskers

RD.

When we were kids, my brother taught himself how to play piano. Never had a single lesson and my parents couldn't play either. Always was impressed by that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My mom's dad played the piano and actually had his own business tuning pianos, I think he had to stop two years ago as his hearing was going bad and his memory of things. That side of the family is relatively talented with instruments - pianos, guitars, harmonicas and my grandpa played an accordion, still has it I think.

I'm pretty sure this will end up being an RD, it's raining and the winds are picking up in speed and I'll be helping DH with ripping up carpet in preparation of moving our downsized company out to the house.

PRs

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Cyberic...LRB went right where I would have gone with the pelvis by referencing the bowl visual. It's not something I'm generally tuned into at lower fitness levels, but I do start to feel like I have a lot more proprioception as my fitness increases.

LRB...that's about my attention span for form stuff too.

I ended up having a shorter run than I wanted last night because they did a new route. I couldn't talk anyone into doing another loop with me, so 4 miles it was. I may take this evening off just to let my legs adjust to getting back into this. My lungs are feeling pretty good, aside from being a little more phlegmy than usual.

Musically deficient here...am always impressed when people have that ability.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

So I also tried the credit card thing, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have stayed put between my skinny ass cheeks.

I don't understand how tilting the pelvis, or squeezing the butt will give me better form in order to prevent injury and/or make me run faster, because if it doesn't help with either of those, then there's no point.

bluerun

Super B****

So I also tried the credit card thing, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have stayed put between my skinny ass cheeks.

I don't understand how tilting the pelvis, or squeezing the butt will give me better form in order to prevent injury and/or make me run faster, because if it doesn't help with either of those, then there's no point.

This actually does help. I have a pretty exaggerated anterior pelvic tilt if I don't pay attention to it, and it was really awkward when I tried to fix it at first, but now it comes automatically to correct it when I notice it. It stops feeling so awkward after a while. I was highly motivated to correct this because it can worsen hip tightness, and I understandably freak out when anything feels "off" in that region, given my history of pelvic stress fractures.

As for the squeezing the butt thing... see what happens when you go uphill. You just want to replicate how your glutes feel doing that when you're on level ground.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

The only time I do the butt squeeze thing is when the PM is chasing me.

<3

4.44, was head out for second out and back to do eight but got cramp coming on sensation on the inside of the out side ham which is not where I usually cramp, stop for five min and tried restart but irritation was still there. 
                                Go to hot tub and massage it later