Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday Dailies (Read 39 times)

RunningOnSand

Morning!  RD for me.  And today I should get my piano delivered.  Yay!

RunningOnSand

10 on the AlterG immediately after I got out of bed and calculated that I needed to wait fifteen hours before getting back into it. This whole business of being a zombie all day is really getting kind of old.

+1

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

I don't know how on earth I could ever make it to 5 minutes running like that. It would have to be in a group and we all were doing it. Maybe I'll come to Chicago next fall for the shakeout run and we can do it then!

LOL. If this is actually going to be a thing, maybe I'll go back on my word (of never running another marathon again) and try to get into Chicago, just to be part of that awesomeness. The visual is cracking me up. LOL LOL LOL.

RunningOnSand

My lungs are feeling pretty good, aside from being a little more phlegmy than usual.

Musically deficient here...am always impressed when people have that ability.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. That was one nasty virus. Did the doctors ever conclude what it was? (Or was it just a virus? I always hate it when they tell me that!).

And, +1 on 1) being musically deficient, and therefore 2) being impressed when people have that ability. My husband is one of those people. He took piano lessons for years, then learned how to play the drums and was a jazz percussionist in college, he played one of the horns but I forget which one, and he also taught himself to play the guitar and is pretty good at it. Did I mention he has a great voice, too? #superimpressed

RunningOnSand

Hey there. I skipped out on running w/my run club this morning b/c even though it is relatively close, I needed those minutes that I'd have spent driving there (and back) b/c my schedule is tight today.

Anyway, I ran 6 miles in the super windy, blowing snow/sleet/rain. I'd forgotten how much it stings your eyes when it blows right into them (I misplaced my sunglasses and cannot find them  Wink. My hamstring is feeling better, thanks to the Chiro, but I slept like a Dave last night and am seriously dragging.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey there. I skipped out on running w/my run club this morning b/c even though it is relatively close, I needed those minutes that I'd have spent driving there (and back) b/c my schedule is tight today.

Anyway, I ran 6 miles in the super windy, blowing snow/sleet/rain. I'd forgotten how much it stings your eyes when it blows right into them (I misplaced my sunglasses and cannot find them  Wink. My hamstring is feeling better, thanks to the Chiro, but I slept like a Dave last night and am seriously dragging.

Sunglasses for me are always way more about wind and debris than actually blocking the sun - forgetting them for those scenarios stinks.

Bronchitis was the last conclusion that I heard, so I guess that's what I'll go with. Unfortunately, it's been in my lungs long enough that it's eligible to start receiving mail at that address.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

And, +1 on 1) being musically deficient, and therefore 2) being impressed when people have that ability. My husband is one of those people. He took piano lessons for years, then learned how to play the drums and was a jazz percussionist in college, he played one of the horns but I forget which one, and he also taught himself to play the guitar and is pretty good at it. Did I mention he has a great voice, too? #superimpressed

Yep. DW & I both briefly had piano lessons as youths, but it never took. DS, OTOH, is a multi-instrumental musical genius and in fact is currently majoring in music. Skips a generation I guess because my parents are pretty musical.

Interestingly, while at a business dinner with colleagues from Japan and Germany, I learned that the whole world learns to play the recorder in elementary school.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sunglasses for me are always way more about wind and debris than actually blocking the sun - forgetting them for those scenarios stinks.

Bronchitis was the last conclusion that I heard, so I guess that's what I'll go with. Unfortunately, it's been in my lungs long enough that it's eligible to start receiving mail at that address.

Did you ever get tested for asthma?  If it's bronchitis, the cough can linger for a while and you might need asthma inhalers to help.  But I grew up being diagnosed with bronchitis after bronchitis, etc., with coughs lasting 8 months.  It wasn't bronchitis but asthma (they are similar in symptoms).

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Right? Me too (re: the sunglasses). Ugh. Where oh where did I put them?! 

Bronchitis! That was one long bout with it! I have a few friends here, who have literally been coughing (very badly) for well over a month now. It seems like whatever strain it is, is hitting hard. Glad you are on the mend.

LRB

I slept like a Dave last night 

I could put that in my siggy and be right more than I'd be wrong.

DavePNW

BTW, I need Baboon in charge of my company’s payroll department. My final paycheck, coming today, is supposed to include payment for my 186 hours of unused vacation time. Just got an email that an error was made and the number of hours was processed as that number of dollars. 

Dave

RunningOnSand

Yep. DW & I both briefly had piano lessons as youths, but it never took. DS, OTOH, is a multi-instrumental musical genius and in fact is currently majoring in music. Skips a generation I guess because my parents are pretty musical.

Interestingly, while at a business dinner with colleagues from Japan and Germany, I learned that the whole world learns to play the recorder in elementary school.

This would make sense, as my mom plays the piano. However, my sister is also amazing with the piano, but since she is a genius with everything I'm discounting her musical talents. Big grin She's an anomaly.

Funny about the recorder. I remember learning it in grade school, and my two older kids took it in elementary school as well. I also hadn't realized it was the norm outside the States as well.

RunningOnSand

I could put that in my siggy and be right more than I'd be wrong.

Ugh, it has been becoming my new norm, too.

RunningOnSand

BTW, I need Baboon in charge of my company’s payroll department. My final paycheck, coming today, is supposed to include payment for my 186 hours of unused vacation time. Just got an email that an error was made and the number of hours was processed as that number of dollars. 

Did they say they'd be fixing their error soon? That's a huge difference.