Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday Dailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

BTW, I need Baboon in charge of my company’s payroll department. My final paycheck, coming today, is supposed to include payment for my 186 hours of unused vacation time. Just got an email that an error was made and the number of hours was processed as that number of dollars. 

Hopefully not to be followed by an email that the company has gone belly up!

Baboon

delicate flower

BTW, I need Baboon in charge of my company’s payroll department. My final paycheck, coming today, is supposed to include payment for my 186 hours of unused vacation time. Just got an email that an error was made and the number of hours was processed as that number of dollars. 

Whoops!!  Good ol' data entry error, but obviously nobody is checking the work.  I trust the correction will be made and deposited into your bank account today.

<3

LRB

Ugh, it has been becoming my new norm, too.

From the vault of Ripley's Believe It or Not, I slept like an MF Baboon during the last 6 weeks of my cycle, it was awesome! Wait, I need to find a spring marathon to train for!

DavePNW

I slept like a Dave last night and am seriously dragging.

Sorry to hear that. I wish it on no one. Although I actually did OK last night.

Incidentally, I had quite the telecom adventure yesterday. I had a company cell phone (with Verizon), and I wanted to keep the number but move it to AT&T to add to my wife’s account. Long story short, I spent FOUR HOURS in the AT&T store yesterday. This was after already thinking I had it taken care of via phone on Monday. (Turns out the guy on the phone was seriously misguided.) It’s done now, but holy mother of fuck.

Dave

DavePNW

Hopefully not to be followed by an email that the company has gone belly up!

I wish I could laugh at that!

Yeah they are trying to figure out if they can fix it quickly and direct deposit, otherwise they send a check.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Interestingly, while at a business dinner with colleagues from Japan and Germany, I learned that the whole world learns to play the recorder in elementary school.

My son's recorder is currently hidden in our house. I will not disclose it's location until he must practice it for school.

RunningOnSand

From the vault of Ripley's Believe It or Not, I slept like an MF Baboon during the last 6 weeks of my cycle, it was awesome! Wait, I need to find a spring marathon to train for!

Haha, yes sir, you DO need to find a spring marathon to train for!

Incidentally, I had quite the telecom adventure yesterday. I had a company cell phone (with Verizon), and I wanted to keep the number but move it to AT&T to add to my wife’s account. Long story short, I spent FOUR HOURS in the AT&T store yesterday. This was after already thinking I had it taken care of via phone on Monday. (Turns out the guy on the phone was seriously misguided.) It’s done now, but holy mother of fuck.

Thanks. IDK what has been up with my sleep as of late--hoping to get some sleep tonight. And, glad to hear you did okay last night.

That shiz that you dealt with, with AT&T, has got to be the MOST FRUSTRATING thing ever. I find that dealing with that, or computer issues, or anything electronic is one of the most frustrating, time consuming things ever.. GRRRRR. Glad you figured it out, but seriously. 4 hours yesterday???  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did they say they'd be fixing their error soon? That's a huge difference.

They better reissue it today!

Damaris

RunningOnSand

My son's recorder is currently hidden in our house. I will not disclose it's location until he must practice it for school.

LOL. Love that. Big grin I'm dreading when cherub #3 needs to learn the recorder.   

LRB

You have some great lines. Your, what in the fuckity fuck line was one of the greatest ever. lol

RunningOnSand

They better reissue it today!

sdWhiskers

LOL. Love that. Big grin I'm dreading when cherub #3 needs to learn the recorder.   

The only musical instrument that doesn't make my ears bleed when played by a 6 yo is a harmonica. My musically talented brother taught him how to play somewhat and it actually sounds nice.

Baboon

delicate flower

Yeah they are trying to figure out if they can fix it quickly and direct deposit, otherwise they send a check.

Well sending a check is compliant, but not the greatest customer service.  They can direct deposit...it's just a matter of how much effort they are willing to put in.  If their payroll system can't do it, their treasury department could do a bank wire.  We've done that here plenty of times.  Now that we are on Workday though, we can send a direct deposit like this in minutes.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Also, they should be taxing you at the bonus rate.  

<3

DavePNW

Well sending a check is compliant, but not the greatest customer service.  They can direct deposit...it's just a matter of how much effort they are willing to put in.  If their payroll system can't do it, their treasury department could do a bank wire.  We've done that here plenty of times.  Now that we are on Workday though, we can send a direct deposit like this in minutes.

FWIW, it’s ADP. Of course I sure hope they can will manage a direct deposit.

Dave