Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday Dailies (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well sending a check is compliant, but not the greatest customer service.  They can direct deposit...it's just a matter of how much effort they are willing to put in.  If their payroll system can't do it, their treasury department could do a bank wire.  We've done that here plenty of times.  Now that we are on Workday though, we can send a direct deposit like this in minutes.

Normally for people that no longer work there, companies DGAF.

Watching my piano being delivered via Ring.  Otherwise, I wouldn't even know it was delivered because my husband still has not texted me about it. 

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

FWIW, it’s ADP. Of course I sure hope they can will manage a direct deposit.

What I find effective is when our employees/former employees just keep going up the chain of command until the most senior person they get to tells the payroll department to just deposit the payment to shut them up.  Of course I hate it when that happens, but it works 100% of the time.  "Why is this person calling me?  Just deposit the check.  How hard can it be?"

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Did you ever get tested for asthma?  If it's bronchitis, the cough can linger for a while and you might need asthma inhalers to help.  But I grew up being diagnosed with bronchitis after bronchitis, etc., with coughs lasting 8 months.  It wasn't bronchitis but asthma (they are similar in symptoms).

When I was a kid I had what they called "sub-acute" asthma, which I always understood to mean asthma that was triggered by something else, such as a cold. Over time, it seemed like I grew out of it and the severity of my symptoms when I was sick were less and less. There's definitely a chance that my childhood deficiencies are rearing their ugly head again. If things persist, looking to get an inhaler is a great thought - thanks for the suggestion.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Baboon

delicate flower

Our company cares and is very sensitive to this kind of stuff, sometimes to the point of my frustration.

<3

KCRuns

ROS/ROL - there's still time to put your name in the Chicago lottery!  You could make this happen!

I woke up at 450a, nearly a full hour early, wide awake and ready to go do my 400m repeats.  But it was pouring rain!  I don't like doing repeats that short on the treadmill, so I swapped the workout with tomorrow's rest day.  I was kind of excited about this one, I haven't really done anything other than easy pace in months and months.

DavePNW

In some cases, also for people that do work there.

Dave

DavePNW

Did you ever get tested for asthma?  If it's bronchitis, the cough can linger for a while and you might need asthma inhalers to help.  But I grew up being diagnosed with bronchitis after bronchitis, etc., with coughs lasting 8 months.  It wasn't bronchitis but asthma (they are similar in symptoms).

In my case it was getting pneumonia something like 4 times before they started to suspect something else might be up.

SIAR - lots of people develop asthma later in life. And when you are asthmatic, a cold or respiratory infection can trigger a cough or breathing issues that lasts for months. You might just need some better drugs.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

In some cases, also for people that do work there.

This sounds like my employer

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

Also, they should be taxing you at the bonus rate.  

Exactly why I'd rather use PTO and not cash them out

onemile

I ran 10 with the Mona Fartlek

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ok I hate to ask but what the hell is a recorder?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

ROS/ROL - there's still time to put your name in the Chicago lottery!  You could make this happen!

DO IT

sdWhiskers

It’s like a flute but with a whistle type mouth piece making it easier to play

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8c9jEvXMm0c

LRB

You speak or sing into it then can play it back on an 8 track or cassette tape.