Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday Dailies (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

You speak or sing into it then can play it back on an 8 track or cassette tape. 

The device is usually black, and you have to simultaneously press the buttons Play and Record before you speak or sing into it, the Record button is probably red. When you're done, you press the button Stop, then Rewind to the spot where you started recording (hopefully you have one of those 3 digit circular markers and remember the number at which you started recording), and press Play to hear yourself. If you Rewinded too far, you can Fast Forward to the spot and risk over shooting, or just let it Play until you hit the spot.

DavePNW

The device is usually black, and you have to simultaneously press the buttons Play and Record before you speak or sing into it, the Record button is probably red. When you're done, you press the button Stop, then Rewind to the spot where you started recording (hopefully you have one of those 3 digit circular markers and remember the number at which you started recording), and press Play to hear yourself. If you Rewinded too far, you can Fast Forward to the spot and risk over shooting, or just let it Play until you hit the spot.

LOL. How did we survive

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It’s like a flute but with a whistle type mouth piece making it easier to play

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8c9jEvXMm0c

See I was thinking you guys meant those but I could've sworn they were called something else back when I was a kid.

Except I remember ours looking even cheaper than that.

LRB that's what I think of when I hear the word recorder.

And I actually had a small silver one, so not always black 😝

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I just checked the video, and we call that (free translation from my part) a beak flute.

DavePNW

I just checked the video, and we call that (free translation from my part) a beak flute.

My German friend told me their name translates to something like “easy flute”.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I ran 7.8, working on pelvic tilt and engaging my glutes. It does help my pace and keeps me from overstriding, which should help the hamstrings, but also feels more stiff and less relaxed. I've felt the glute engagement before, but it isn't consistent.

Cyberic

It’s like a flute but with a whistle type mouth piece making it easier to play

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8c9jEvXMm0c

That girl is good! The mouth piece might make it easier to play, but I haven't heard anyone play it like her

Baboon

delicate flower

I have a run to report:  45 minute workout, included 6 x 5:00 tempo/1:00 easy.  It was just ok.

Carry on.

<3

RunningOnSand

I have a run to report:  45 minute workout, included 6 x 5:00 tempo/1:00 easy.  It was just ok.

Carry on.

It makes sense that it wasn't totally stellar, based off where you are in your training cycle.

DavePNW

Incidentally, I will supposedly be getting my vacation pay direct deposited tomorrow.

Also, they should be taxing you at the bonus rate.  

Based on the information you have so far, what are the odds they tax at the correct rate?

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Incidentally, I will supposedly be getting my vacation pay direct deposited tomorrow.

Based on the information you have so far, what are the odds they tax at the correct rate?

LOL    Well it's not your problem if they get audited.

<3

Cyberic

I ran 10 with the Mona Fartlek

Does that workout vet easier as you get used to it?

Cyberic

Ginny, Baboon, and everyone who ran today, fist bump!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I grabbed an old credit card and headed to the treadmill in the basement.  Not really.  I did run 5 with 5 x 2 minutes "hills" and strength training.

Cyberic