Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - April showers > cold March rain (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12 hilly miles in rain/thunderstorms.  It's in the low 60s, so it wasn't too bad at all.  It's looking like rain through tomorrow, but it will be warm.  Good enough.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Hi,

Today is streak day #100 and I think I'm going to take a day off tomorrow. I'm kind of getting caught up in this streak thing, and I don't want that. It is important that I take a day off when I feel like I need one, and I'm pretty sure I do right now. I'm all right, I mean I could go on. I don't think I'm risking injury or anything, but I've been feeling flat for over a week now. A couple of days is fine, but over a week? It is important I have fun running, and I'm not having that much fun right now.

Have a nice day everyone!

delicate flower

'Morning!  Same weather here as is PleasantRidgeland.  I've got an easy run to do after work.  Looks like it'll be a wet one (twss).  I had a swim on the schedule this morning but opted to sleep instead.  I've only got two short swims this week and will get them done at some point.  Otherwise, it'll be a week of making lots of deposits into the sleep bank.

<3

delicate flower

Since I am taking this Friday off, normally I'd be excited about a four day work week, but in the case of this one, I'll probably end up working all frikkin weekend, especially since I'll have LOTS of extra time due to minimal running.  So what would normally be a four day work week will actually be a six day work week.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, it is still soggy outside. I was going to go to the gym this morning but when I woke up at 3, I said fuck it. I'll just do some abdominal exercises today and call it mainly a rest day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 3.9. They were yugly. I could take a day of like the cybernr, but in my case I probably could use a year off. lol

DavePNW

Up at 3:30, and could not immediately get back to sleep. Thought about just getting up, but thought better of it, stayed in bed, and ended up dozing off till my alarm at 5. Need my sleep this week!

4 very easy miles.

Dave

delicate flower

Looking at my log, in a stat that is probably meaningless and matters for nothing, last week was the first week I ever averaged a sub-7:00 pace for an entire week.  Not a huge mileage week at 36 miles, but still more than I'd run if I wasn't marathon training.

<3

RunningOnSand

Since I am taking this Friday off, normally I'd be excited about a four day work week, but in the case of this one, I'll probably end up working all frikkin weekend, especially since I'll have LOTS of extra time due to minimal running.  So what would normally be a four day work week will actually be a six day work week.  

Lame. Sorry, dude. Not that you'd ever really want that to happen, but especially not this weekend, when, I'm sure your mind will be elsewhere and you'll just be wanting to focus on the race. I hope it miraculously changes.

RunningOnSand

Hi,

Today is streak day #100 and I think I'm going to take a day off tomorrow. I'm kind of getting caught up in this streak thing, and I don't want that. It is important that I take a day off when I feel like I need one, and I'm pretty sure I do right now. I'm all right, I mean I could go on. I don't think I'm risking injury or anything, but I've been feeling flat for over a week now. A couple of days is fine, but over a week? It is important I have fun running, and I'm not having that much fun right now.

Smart man. I think it's important to pay attention to things like that.

I ran 3.9. They were yugly. I could take a day of like the cybernr, but in my case I probably could use a year off. lol

LOL. Oy. Are you taking a cut back week anytime soon? Or, better question: when does the taper happen? Or is WI totally out? (I know you'd been having work issues--just can't remember the outcome).

Up at 3:30, and could not immediately get back to sleep. Thought about just getting up, but thought better of it, stayed in bed, and ended up dozing off till my alarm at 5. Need my sleep this week!

4 very easy miles.

Yes you do! Nice that you were able to doze a bit longer.

I also woke up--I was up at 4:15. Til maybe 4:45, so not super long. I feel surprisingly good after yesterday's run. Today's run will be in perfect conditions...almost 50*, a light breeze, and sun. It is gorgeous outside. And it freaking better be, because our forecast is calling for a FOOT OF SNOW. ONE FOOT. *cries* (this is on Wed or Thurs)

5.7mi, four loops around the neighborhood sidewalks and road.  Wavy, no tough hills, no real flats; my real concern though is right sidewalk tilt, left road crown combined with downhill.

Slow as I could go... 37 second per mile slower than I did 10 with two tough hills

Right hip and knee fine, just a little shin warmth.

DavePNW

Hi,

Yeah, do what feels right. I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in the streak, but I figure I should have a pretty good reason to take a day off, and I haven't found one yet. Generally the days I've sort of felt like not running have been days that I know a short recovery run will help me more than a rest day anyway. Still not sure what I will do next Tuesday, but leaning towards a very short, very slow jog, unless I am completely crippled.

Dave

onemile

Yeah, do what feels right. I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in the streak, but I figure I should have a pretty good reason to take a day off, and I haven't found one yet. Generally the days I've sort of felt like not running have been days that I know a short recovery run will help me more than a rest day anyway. Still not sure what I will do next Tuesday, but leaning towards a very short, very slow jog, unless I am completely crippled.

Racing a marathon the day before is a pretty good reason to take a day off. It sounds like you are caught up in the streak 

onemile

I also woke up--I was up at 4:15. Til maybe 4:45, so not super long. I feel surprisingly good after yesterday's run. Today's run will be in perfect conditions...almost 50*, a light breeze, and sun. It is gorgeous outside. And it freaking better be, because our forecast is calling for a FOOT OF SNOW. ONE FOOT. *cries* (this is on Wed or Thurs)

we are supposed to get around 1"