Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - April showers > cold March rain (Read 34 times)

onemile

Today is streak day #100 and I think I'm going to take a day off tomorrow. I'm kind of getting caught up in this streak thing, and I don't want that. It is important that I take a day off when I feel like I need one, and I'm pretty sure I do right now. I'm all right, I mean I could go on. I don't think I'm risking injury or anything, but I've been feeling flat for over a week now. A couple of days is fine, but over a week? It is important I have fun running, and I'm not having that much fun right now.

Yup, I can handle a few days of feeling like garbage but when it continues a week +, I lose motivation to keep pushing it. Hence my recent break.  I'd take a day off if anything for a mental break.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Snow?

We're going to be seeing temps in the 70's this week, YAY!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

Racing a marathon the day before is a pretty good reason to take a day off. It sounds like you are caught up in the streak 

+1

sdWhiskers

I did not get up to run this morning. I had planned to but my legs are decently sore from yesterday's race and I chose sleep. I could run after work but it's supposed to be 85 degrees (!!). Will probably take a rest day. No streak obsession here

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did not get up to run this morning. I had planned to but my legs are decently sore from yesterday's race and I chose sleep. I could run after work but it's supposed to be 85 degrees (!!). Will probably take a rest day. No streak obsession here

I'm glad to share my weather with everybody.  So, you're welcome. Big grin

Damaris

Cyberic

Racing a marathon the day before is a pretty good reason to take a day off. It sounds like you are caught up in the streak 

Listen to the woman, DaveP 

sdWhiskers

I'm glad to share my weather with everybody.  So, you're welcome. Big grin

Yes, thanks!

The nice thing about 80's here is that it's still in the 50's at night. And no real humidity.

Cyberic

Yup, I can handle a few days of feeling like garbage but when it continues a week +, I lose motivation to keep pushing it. Hence my recent break.  I'd take a day off if anything for a mental break.

Yeah, I'll see if taking a day off shakes things up a bit.

DavePNW

Of course onemile is right that I should take a day off, but she's also right that I'm now caught up in the streak. You guys can all place bets on what's going to happen.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, thanks!

The nice thing about 80's here is that it's still in the 50's at night. And no real humidity.

Ha. If we are in the 80s in the Spring, our lows at night are in the ...mid to high 70s. I am jealous.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

we are supposed to get around 1"

Maybe (hopefully!) our forecast will change. Right now we're supposed to get 5-8" on Thursday, and then 1-3 more inches Thurs night/Fri morning. Plus, rain beforehand, and hella windy (15-25mph, gusting to 40mph). This reminds me of last year all over again (we were totally snowed in the weekend before Boston!).

RunningOnSand

Correct! After all, she is Onemile, you know, from the inter webs. Big grin

onemile

Maybe (hopefully!) our forecast will change. Right now we're supposed to get 5-8" on Thursday, and then 1-3 more inches Thurs night/Fri morning. Plus, rain beforehand, and hella windy (15-25mph, gusting to 40mph). This reminds me of last year all over again (we were totally snowed in the weekend before Boston!).

yeah the second part of this week looks pretty nasty with rain/wind Weds/Thurs/Fri

But hey, it's 60 out right now! 

Cyberic

yeah the second part of this week looks pretty nasty with rain/wind Weds/Thurs/Fri

We have freezing rain right now, winds, and will be getting snow tomorrow.

RunningOnSand

I ran, yesterday and today, in shorts! Bliss.

We have freezing rain right now, winds, and will be getting snow tomorrow.

Ah. So you're giving us your weather. Wink