Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESdailies are for running. (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

lol I like it.  In fact, I am handing over my role as the gold star awarder to you.  It's a big responsibility but I know you can do it. 

OK, but it's going to be completely arbitrary and capricious.

Dave

DavePNW

I actually did a workout today.  That rarely happens!!

7.5 total with 4x1600 @5K pace, 600m recovery.  (After I did this workout, I looked up my supposed speed pace for 1600s according to McMillan.  I missed by one second in the last repeat.  GRRR.)

bluerun gets the star for the day.

Dave

LRB

OK, but it's going to be completely arbitrary and capricious.

Coming from anyone else, I would laugh my ass off. Coming from you though, ass will get eaten. lol

LRB

Mostly because of my achilles - they just seem to be getting worse.  And when I can't even walk around like a normal person, I have doubts that I'll be able to actually train. I've started to think it was the antibiotic eye drops (ofloxacin) I was using like 6 weeks ago that did them in.

How bizarre.

In my experience with the stupid things, they are supposed to get better when you are not running (or at least not hurt for fucks sake!), so you are right to suspect outside influences.

First run back tonight?

bluerun

Super B****

That's pretty fucking impressive yo.  Where do you do speed work at?

And lol at your OCD.

Depends on what it is... sometimes I use the track close by my house, but I have to rely on GPS then anyway because it's a stupid track with five laps to the mile.  And I did not feel like doing mile repeats on a track.  I just did these in the park instead.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Mostly because of my achilles - they just seem to be getting worse.  And when I can't even walk around like a normal person, I have doubts that I'll be able to actually train. I've started to think it was the antibiotic eye drops (ofloxacin) I was using like 6 weeks ago that did them in.

Antibiotics can do that??

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Aww, my first-ever star!  (And probably last ever, given the requirements to get one. )

chasing the impossible

LRB

I always feel like that whenever I take a rest day or two.  Like WTF.

My legs are fried, I'm actually looking forward to yoga tonight. 

onemile

Antibiotics can do that??

http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/fda-warns-of-tendon-damage-linked-to-antibiotics

Certain ones.

I thought since it was an eye drop it would be okay.  Plus I didn't realize it was in the same class as Cipro until I had already been taking it.

But man my achilles have been awful for the past month and I have not been running much.

onemile

How bizarre.

In my experience with the stupid things, they are supposed to get better when you are not running (or at least not hurt for fucks sake!), so you are right to suspect outside influences.

First run back tonight?

Yeah I plan to give it a try.

DavePNW

Yeah I plan to give it a try.

Sometimes stuff feels better running than walking. YMMV.

Dave

onemile

Sometimes stuff feels better running than walking. YMMV.

yeah, that has been my experience too.  I'll just have to see how it goes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You owe me two from last weeks, LOL.

Damaris

LRB

You owe me two from last weeks, LOL.

Here we go. lol

onemile

I think the rules for stars should be changed. If you don't have to go to work, you shouldn't get credit for running 12+ on a week day.  12+ on a day off isn't star-worthy.  12+ at 4am before work is.

But Dave is in charge now. So whatever he wants to do