Beginners and Beyond

Blueberry SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

bluerun

Super B****

13.2 miles on trails.  I am going to run out of ice packs soon because in addition to needing them for my knee and my leg, which are both killing me, I am icing my hand which is swelling up nicely after a spectacular faceplant.

And I do mean faceplant -- I should probably be icing my  nose too.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

No more marathons

13.2 miles on trails.  I am going to run out of ice packs soon because in addition to needing them for my knee and my leg, which are both killing me, I am icing my hand which is swelling up nicely after a spectacular faceplant.

One of the main reason I avoid trails these days.  With an old man shuffle and a vertical lift of about 2mm it takes a lot of concentration to not fall on a trail run.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I haven't fallen while running, yet. But my first and only spill on my bike was spectacular. Made even better that it came during the very brief period in an intersection when traffic in all directions was stopped.

Cyberic

Ouch.

Cyberic

Thanks, Zel! Looks like my DreamWoman is taking the day off!

bluerun

Super B****

One of the main reason I avoid trails these days.  With an old man shuffle and a vertical lift of about 2mm it takes a lot of concentration to not fall on a trail run.

I'm always super duper careful on trails (fragile bones, remember) -- but that didn't help me today because I apparently tripped over air.  Or my own feet.

You know how sometimes when you fall you can see it happening in slow motion, like I'm fa-a-a-a-alling, but you can't do anything about it?  Not the case here.  I was running merrily along and then suddenly I wasn't.  After I got up and made sure all my parts were working, I looked for the branch or rock or tree root that tripped me up.  There was nothing there.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, ouch. 2 of my 3 running falls were similar--I was on the ground before I could process I was falling. The other, I tripped and tried to catch myself, but no chance.

LRB, my last bike fall was a slow-mo unclip the wrong foot fall. My pride hurt more than anything.

LRB

You know how sometimes when you fall you can see it happening in slow motion, like I'm fa-a-a-a-alling, but you can't do anything about it?  Not the case here.  I was running merrily along and then suddenly I wasn't.

lol

Reminds of a time I fell while walking on ice. Man did that shit hurt and to this day I don't know what happened...other than I fell, fast and hard!

bluerun

Super B****

lol

Reminds of a time I fell while walking on ice. Man did that shit hurt and to this day I don't know what happened...other than I fell, fast and hard!

That's the problem right there.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Ugh, bluerun

You know how sometimes when you fall you can see it happening in slow motion, like I'm fa-a-a-a-alling, but you can't do anything about it?  Not the case here.  I was running merrily along and then suddenly I wasn't.  After I got up and made sure all my parts were working, I looked for the branch or rock or tree root that tripped me up.  There was nothing there.

I've had both. One time when I was running on the sidewalk, I was actually able to contort my body in midair, to land on the grass rather than the pavement. I wish I could do that every time. More commonly (seems I have done it enough times to have a statistical distribution), I trip over nothing, then the next thing I know I am skidding cartoon-style on the pavement, leaving a few outer layers of skin behind.

Dave

DavePNW

Also, FTR - today's 18 at 8:11 average pace was my fastest 18+ mile training run ever, by 10 sec/mile.

Dave

LRB

That's the problem right there.

True.

LRB

Also, FTR - today's 18 at 8:11 average pace was my fastest 18+ mile training run ever, by 10 sec/mile.

You and Cy have booted this cycle square in the ass!

LRB

My pride hurt more than anything.

If it weren't for that these things would be easy...well, easier.

DavePNW

You and Cy have booted this cycle square in the ass!

He has def been killing it. I feel like it's been up & down for me. I felt good about today, because things have been a bit rough. Of course in the end, it'll be all about what happens 5 weeks from today. If the running gods allow me to make it there in one piece.

Dave