Beginners and Beyond

Blueberry SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

He has def been killing it. I feel like it's been up & down for me. I felt good about today, because things have been a bit rough. Of course in the end, it'll be all about what happens 5 weeks from today. If the running gods allow me to make it there in one piece.

For you? Take the week of the race off from work and don't leave the house!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, and for my ESU pleasure, I was greeted post-run by DW with Eggs Benedict, with lox, onion & tomato. Outstanding.

Ooh, love me some eggs benedict.  I have them with pot roast at Yolk in Chicago.  But any kind, I love them.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, bluerun.  Ouch.

DaveP, nice job.

Cy, damn, nice job.

Awww, I got a gold star!

Damaris

onemile

It's not the star I'm after, but I did want to impress the lady awarding the stars. Ever since she gave me a star for doing absolutely nothing of my day, I want to marry her 

Sorry for the delay. Today is a holiday after all.  I am impressed, more by the pace than the distance. You definitely should be feeling confident and earned your star (thank you Zelanie for filling in!).  If you can run 7:18 avg on a training run in the middle of a hard week, wait until you are tapered and in a race environment!

onemile

Also, FTR - today's 18 at 8:11 average pace was my fastest 18+ mile training run ever, by 10 sec/mile.

Nice 7:31 for that last mile.  If you can run 14MP in training you can do it on race day.

onemile

I ran 10 this morning before the rain started.  It was rough.  I started listening to the Goldfinch yesterday and at least that was a bit of a distraction.

LRB

I have spent the better part of the day sitting in front of the TV and have done absolutely nothing. I reckon I should get up and stretch my ass. lol

delicate flower

then it's Batman v Superman at 3:30.

I am glad I don't let critics dictate what movies I see because i really liked it.

Also, FTR - today's 18 at 8:11 average pace was my fastest 18+ mile training run ever, by 10 sec/mile.

Excellent!!

<3

Zelanie

2 hours in the pool again.  Really couldn't figure things out today though- I had a had time getting my HR up into the zone, so either I had some water on my wrist interfering with the optical HR or I was doing it wrong.  The whole time I was just hoping that I wasn't pool strolling instead of pool running. I brought my new headphones with me, but they weren't working.

Then, Splashy McSplasher got in the lane next to me.  I swear this guy taught himself how to swim, and invented his own unique strokes such as "the pelvic exam", where he would lie on his back and kick out while flopping his knees to the side.    He had another "exercise" that looked a lot more like drowning than swimming- he would thrash about and hit the water while staying in one spot. The good news is, with  the amount of flailing he was doing, he only lasted like 30 minutes.

LRB

I am glad I don't let critics dictate what movies I see because i really liked it.

It is nonsensical how that movie got raked over the coals.

onemile

2 hours in the pool again. 

Splashy McSplasher got in the lane next to me and invented his own unique strokes such as "the pelvic exam"

Hip Redux

Then, Splashy McSplasher got in the lane next to me.  I swear this guy taught himself how to swim, and invented his own unique strokes such as "the pelvic exam", where he would lie on his back and kick out while flopping his knees to the side.    

The elementary backstroke, likely.

Though pelvic exam is much funnier.  :P

delicate flower

It is nonsensical how that movie got raked over the coals.

I have a simple requirement when I go to the movies:  Entertain me for a couple of hours.  This movie did that just fine.

<3

LRB

2 hours in the pool again.  Really couldn't figure things out today though- I had a had time getting my HR up into the zone, so either I had some water on my wrist interfering with the optical HR or I was doing it wrong.  The whole time I was just hoping that I wasn't pool strolling instead of pool running. I brought my new headphones with me, but they weren't working.

Then, Splashy McSplasher got in the lane next to me.  I swear this guy taught himself how to swim, and invented his own unique strokes such as "the pelvic exam", where he would lie on his back and kick out while flopping his knees to the side.    He had another "exercise" that looked a lot more like drowning than swimming- he would thrash about and hit the water while staying in one spot. The good news is, with  the amount of flailing he was doing, he only lasted like 30 minutes.

Hilarious!

You'll get the kinks worked out. Smile

Cyberic