Beginners and Beyond

Blueberry SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

I felt good about today, because things have been a bit rough. Of course in the end, it'll be all about what happens 5 weeks from today. If the running gods allow me to make it there in one piece.

Yep. Training runs are just training runs. They can be an indicator, but not a guarantee. Glad you felt good on that hard run. As LRB said, you ran your butt off lately ( he probably said ass... ) and I think the odds have got to turn for you and allow you to race uninjured after such a hard cycle.

And D, 20 miles on the TM, that's gotta be tough.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have a simple requirement when I go to the movies:  Entertain me for a couple of hours.  This movie did that just fine.

THIS.  I look for entertainment, NOT life answers.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yep. Training runs are just training runs. They can be an indicator, but not a guarantee. Glad you felt good on that hard run. As LRB said, you ran your butt off lately ( he probably said ass... ) and I think the odds have got to turn for you and allow you to race uninjured after such a hard cycle.

And D, 20 miles on the TM, that's gotta be tough.

It was tougher than prior times I've done 20 on the TM, but mostly because it was all at easy pace.  Every 5 miles I would hit the faster button once.  Ended up feeling fine, now sore.  It's been awhile since I've done 20.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Accuweather is the least accurate of the weather apps.  If they are actually correct, pigs will fly soon.

Accuweather was right about the LBL marathon weather 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)