Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #168 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles. Was planning on a 1 mile time trial on the school parking lot track, but it looked like the school was doing some sort of year end thing. There was a hand sanitizing station set up at the start of the bus loop, then it looked like another station for dropping off books, and a third station for IDK what. So I skipped the time trial since the whole reason I use the parking lot is the lack of cars.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, I woke up feeling like a twisted pretzel... in other words I didn't get up and do anything.

Today is my mom's birthday, she's 64 and we might be taking her out to dinner tonight so most likely today will end up being an RD.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 and weights.

Damaris

DavePNW

Got an email from Marathon Tours that hotel reservations for Boston 2021 open up today! I’m sure I’ll get right on that. Actually...I do have a qualifier....

8 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Miami-Dade is staying at the same reopening phase (and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down on stage) due to the rise in cases. So glad I'm out of there. FL has gone loco with cases.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

no run for me today.  Did some weights and leg stuff.

I saw the marathon tours email. I actually booked a couple hotel options last week in case my, soon to be 2 year old, qualifying time holds up and gets me into the 2021 race, if there is one...it's really hard to believe it will be two years this fall since I ran my last (and only fourth) marathon. At that time, I was feeling pretty good about things and envisioned running at least one or two a year going forward. Oh well...

sdWhiskers

9 miles with 12 x 400. Paces were spot on but mind was alternating between "wow, I'm feeling fit" and "I really need a break"

I'll talk to Coach about doing another mile TT next week and then a super easy week.

4.5 flat, less slow than slow...left ham still a bit grumpy

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My son and I went for a 4.1 mile hike, hitting all the hills that we could, around 738 ft of elevation gain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

Miami-Dade is staying at the same reopening phase (and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down on stage) due to the rise in cases. So glad I'm out of there. FL has gone loco with cases.

I still don’t understand how cases here in WI keep going down/staying the same considering almost everything opened overnight. Pretty much anyone can get a test too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I still don’t understand how cases here in WI keep going down/staying the same considering almost everything opened overnight. Pretty much anyone can get a test too.

On the map, WI is considered as decreasing but if you look at the graph, a little uptick is happening right now. How big it is, no idea yet.

https://time.com/5852913/covid-second-wave/?fbclid=IwAR0qLCAb_A5-9bDLi07tQmPnKD2twXxonQMIIuNIg-ddRSXWy_Z52G2T4hc

Damaris

Runshortii

On the map, WI is considered as decreasing but if you look at the graph, a little uptick is happening right now. How big it is, no idea yet.

https://time.com/5852913/covid-second-wave/?fbclid=IwAR0qLCAb_A5-9bDLi07tQmPnKD2twXxonQMIIuNIg-ddRSXWy_Z52G2T4hc

Interesting. You weren’t kidding about Florida lol. I also heard in Fl it takes over a week to get results? Not sure how true that is

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've always thought it takes a week for results (if not more). It was that way here for a while, but I really have not thought much about it since a month ago so not sure if it has changed.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I hate graphs like these. If they are really trying to show how states compare, the y axis should be the same for all 51 charts. I'm also not sure what the signficance is between 2 cases per 100,000 and 10 caes per 100,000 (or, is there?).  If you had the same y axis, I'm guessing some of the states in the rising again would be almost flat because some are only going between 1 and 2 cases per 100,000.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate graphs like these. If they are really trying to show how states compare, the y axis should be the same for all 51 charts. I'm also not sure what the signficance is between 2 cases per 100,000 and 10 caes per 100,000 (or, is there?).  If you had the same y axis, I'm guessing some of the states in the rising again would be almost flat because some are only going between 1 and 2 cases per 100,000.

Someone mentioned the axis issue and someone gave a huge explanation as to why this way was correct but that was 4 hours ago and I don't know where to find it, ha. It was a much heated discussion like everything is right now, lol

Damaris