Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

Only 2 runners left (out of 40) in the Barkley, and it seems the best either of them can hope for is to get a Fun Run.  A fourth loop seems unlikely for either (or so I've read).

Yep. Looks like Barkley has won again.

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

KCRuns

3.5 on the treadmill

DavePNW

I am such a fat ass.  

I got up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I just went downstairs and had breakfast at 4 or so. Went running at the usual 6ish. DW was making eggs and tater tots around 9, so that was my second breakfast. Then of course noon was still lunchtime.

DW now that she is vaccinated went down to Oregon to see her mom. She took DD with her, and the dog. So it's a big bachelor weekend, woo hoo! Of course I will do jack shit. Maybe meet up with the running group on Sunday in addition to Saturday. Probably watch some movies no one else wants to see. And I imagine some takeout meals will be involved. It will actually be a couple extra days for that matter; she is off next week after quitting her job and before starting a new one.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

My uncle was able to see my dad today. They are going to try to get me to see him so I booked a flight for Thursday.

MTA: And that's because I need a covid test 2-3 days before I get there and results here take 2-3 days. FFS.

Ugh on the covid test. If you get the results quicker are you able to move your trip up?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh on the covid test. If you get the results quicker are you able to move your trip up?

I could but I also have to work and arrange for coverage of court hearings as well. The earliest I could leave is Wednesday. Since I moved my vaccine appointment to Monday, not sure I can get a test on Monday but Monday and Tuesday are still not up on the CVS website so I'll check tomorrow. I book the test with the city as well for Tuesday morning, but they have a 1-5 BUSINESS days for results, FFS.

I am flying SouthWest so I can change the trip any time. Although the flight hours are crazy (6am, FTS), I only have a few flights to choose from leaving here to FuckRida before I head to SJU.

I kind of don't want to leave on Tuesday because I am not sure how bad will I bet post shot.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I kind of don't want to leave on Tuesday because I am not sure how bad will I bet post shot.

First shot, right? For a normal person, I'd say fine just tired. For asthma-goddess-Docket, no idea

We're looking at travel to Maine in the next few months and they do rapid testing right at the airport there. Anything similar at Florida airports?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First shot, right? For a normal person, I'd say fine just tired. For asthma-goddess-Docket, no idea

We're looking at travel to Maine in the next few months and they do rapid testing right at the airport there. Anything similar at Florida airports?

Therein lies the rub.

Doubt it, as from what I've been reading, their numbers are "OK" because they reduced a lot of testing. Florida keeps being an ass. Latest is that it has tons of vaccines but they don't release the younger ages. I think Orlando just said anybody 40+ can vaccinate in that county to force the governor to lower the age already.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yep. Looks like Barkley has won again.

And yet, people keep trying.  That's the great thing about it.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

And yet, people keep trying.  That's the great thing about it.

It’s insane.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris