Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 28th (Read 36 times)

I tweaked my back this morning, and it is painful to get around. However sometimes I can run through it; the only way to know for sure is to test it out. So, wish me luck.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Damaris

onemile

I tweaked my back this morning, and it is painful to get around. However sometimes I can run through it; the only way to know for sure is to test it out. So, wish me luck.

Good luck!

onemile

I ran. Was planning to do more but I felt awful

Cyberic

So how did it go Dave?

No more marathons

Yep, good luck.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8. Now waiting for a stupid body shop to call me back. I sent them info before noon. Pretty sure they will not be the ones doing the repair, for whatever reason, this family of car dealerships sucks at communication. It's why I did not buy the car from them.

DavePNW, hope the back cooperates and loosens up with a run.

I ran 10. I was definitely feeling it the first mile or two, but eventually it loosened up a bit. Still not great - just felt kind of stiff overall. But I don't think I made anything worse. I originally had a tempo run planned. I actually tried giving it a go and picking up the pace at the appropriate time, but anything resembling tempo pace was clearly not happening. Ended up with 5 miles at 45-60 sec faster than easy, but that didn't make it any specifically defined pace. So fo log purposes I guess it was just an easy run.

Dave

delicate flower

45 minute run.

10 minute warm up

4 x 5 minutes hard/3 minutes easy

I averaged a 6:40 pace on the intervals.  Not bad.  Could be better.  I'm working on it.

<3

Cyberic

45 minute run.

10 minute warm up

4 x 5 minutes hard/3 minutes easy

I averaged a 6:40 pace on the intervals.  Not bad.  Could be better.  I'm working on it.

Nice. I'm running my intervals indoors lately, but outdoors is definitely tougher.

Cyberic

I ran 10. I was definitely feeling it the first mile or two, but eventually it loosened up a bit. Still not great - just felt kind of stiff overall. But I don't think I made anything worse. I originally had a tempo run planned. I actually tried giving it a go and picking up the pace at the appropriate time, but anything resembling tempo pace was clearly not happening. Ended up with 5 miles at 45-60 sec faster than easy, but that didn't make it any specifically defined pace. So fo log purposes I guess it was just an easy run.

I tend to do that when I'm between plans. I used to think it was bad, from the popular saying that you need to keep your easy runs easy, but I don't care anymore. On the contrary, I now believe that faster easy pace is better than slower easy pace. Not a very popular belief, though.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I tend to do that when I'm between plans. I used to think it was bad, from the popular saying that you need to keep your easy runs easy, but I don't care anymore. On the contrary, I now believe that faster easy pace is better than slower easy pace. Not a very popular belief, though.

I believe this now. I was looking at my old Garmin data earlier this week. My runs, while far less, in 2012 were at a faster pace than 2016. My races were faster in 2012 too. All the proof I needed to see.

No more marathons

And now Debbie Reynolds - RIP

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

And now Debbie Reynolds - RIP

While planning the funeral for her daughter with her son. Now he has two funerals to plan.

For easy runs, it is what it is, I don't even look at my watch. I presume it should get faster as I improve, but it really hasn't changed much over the years. I certainly notice it varies with training intensity - "between plans" when I am doing nothing but easy, it tends to get faster. But for medium-long runs that do not have an otherwise specified quality component, I try to do them at 20-30 sec faster than easy. I think Pfitz tells you to do something like this anyway, similar to the Hansons LR.

Dave