Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #23 (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

Very accurate

Ran only 3.75 miles. Couldn't stop coughing from a severe bout of acid reflux. I think I got the Maurteen reaction without the gel, lol.

In other news, tomorrow we sign the closing docs for the sale of the Miami townhouse and on Monday, we close. This will be me next week:

Congrats!!! Big grin

DavePNW

My old route near work was mostly dead rats.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First time I ran in Coconut Grove at 5am and super dark since that area had no lights, I stepped on an opossum or other sort of animal. Didn't stop to look but yelled ewwwww for like 2 miles.

It was also the last time I ran there. Coincidence? I think not. But that's where people kill runners and cyclists a lot so better.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill and strength training.

Several years ago there was a dead rat on the sidewalk by work. Hey, it's east Baltimore. Anyway, for at least 6 months, we watched it decompose. Then someone was doing an earth day clean up and removed the rat. Very disappointing, we wanted to see how long it took to fully decompose.

Pretty much every year at the Baltimore running festival, someone sees a dead rat and has a fit on Facebook.  Not sure if that was any better than people complaining because the route went by a very small strip club near one of the bar districts. If you watched The Wire, it was the one that Orlando ran as a front.

sdWhiskers

5 on the treadmill and strength training.

Not sure if that was any better than people complaining because the route went by a very small strip club near one of the bar districts. 

In college, I sometimes volunteered doing highway cleanup. Our stretch of road went by a rural strip club. Oh, the crazy shit we found!

DavePNW

Several years ago there was a dead rat on the sidewalk by work. Hey, it's east Baltimore. Anyway, for at least 6 months, we watched it decompose. Then someone was doing an earth day clean up and removed the rat. Very disappointing, we wanted to see how long it took to fully decompose.

What the hell kind of people do you work with

Dave

LRB

ConEd was here for nearly five hours today. During those five hours, I ran 15K on the AlterG at PT, followed by some extreme digestive misfortunes (I would have gone for 10 even but nature called, you know)... anyway, far as I can tell, 220 is back! It's a temporary fix, they'll have to come back again, but so long as my AlterG works and I don't have to sleep in an icebox anymore, I'm okay with that.

Your bank account thanks them!

LRB

My fever finally broke. Now I need a new liver! Since leaving work Wednesday morning over a 36 hour period I'd taken a Vicodin, 800 mgs of Motrin, 1000mgs of Tylenol, 500mgs of Alieve, 800mgs of Motrin gel caps (with two shots of Hennessy, lemon juice, honey and hot water), 650mgs of Bayer aspirin and 1000mgs of Tylenol. 

It's easily the most crap I've put in my body in that short of a window in a very  long time but I did what I had to do and now it's over.

DavePNW

My fever finally broke. Now I need a new liver! Since leaving work Wednesday morning over a 36 hour period I'd taken a Vicodin, 800 mgs of Motrin, 1000mgs of Tylenol, 500mgs of Alieve, 800mgs of Motrin gel caps (with two shots of Hennessy, lemon juice, honey and hot water), 650mgs of Bayer aspirin and 1000mgs of Tylenol. 

It's easily the most crap I've put in my body in that short of a window in a very  long time but I did what I had to do and now it's over.

Holy crap that’s a lot. You pretty much dined at the all-you-can-eat anti-inflammatory buffet.

Dave

RunningOnSand

My old route near work was mostly dead rats.

Rats? Ugh. For some reason I imagine them to be hearty rodents. So why are they dead? Rat poison?

dead rats in Baltimore doesn’t surprise me as much.

RunningOnSand

First time I ran in Coconut Grove at 5am and super dark since that area had no lights, I stepped on an opossum or other sort of animal. Didn't stop to look but yelled ewwwww for like 2 miles.

It was also the last time I ran there. Coincidence? I think not. But that's where people kill runners and cyclists a lot so better.

Or dead iguanas! (Or maybe still frozen 😬)

RunningOnSand

Blue, you must be so relieved you’ll be waking up warmer AND will be able to use your alter g at home. 

lrb, glad You are feeling better.

DavePNW

Rats? Ugh. For some reason I imagine them to be hearty rodents. So why are they dead? Rat poison?

dead rats in Baltimore doesn’t surprise me as much.

This was through some sketchy areas of Seattle. I did not perform any autopsies or toxicology studies to determine cause of death.

Dave

RunningOnSand

This was through some sketchy areas of Seattle. I did not perform any autopsies or toxicology studies to determine cause of death.

LOL Big grin

Well, sketchy areas seem to be more fitting with finding dead rats. Ew.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Here I think the rats get hit by cars. Some of those suckers are big.