Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

happylily

FFS, I just realized the entry fee isn't $265 after all, it's $347! Are you kidding me?!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Not sure if you were around when I was posting about it but I have had my psoas massaged, that was definitely weird!

And not to be outdone, my imbalances are a strong right glute, weak left glute. Limber right quad, tight left quad. Strong left adductor, weak right adductor. Loose left hip flexor, tight right hip flexor. Strong right abductor, weak left abductor. Limber left hamstring, tight right hamstring.

True story. 

I don't remember that but yeah, it's weird!   I had my psoas cut as part of my hip surgery so I am very acutely aware of what my psoas is doing at any point of the day lol

And I have all sorts of left/right imbalances from surgery but I don't know WTF you did to yourself there lol  My right quad is still visibly smaller than my left!

LRB

I'd like to register for NYCM tomorrow morning, when registration opens. I have automatic entry due to qualifying in New Work itself. I'd really like to, but I'm not sure it's smart. At this point, any race I do is a stupid idea. But there is a little chance that by the summer we may have found the right combination of drugs for me and maybe then I'll be up for training again. Since I'll be coming back from a very long layoff, I wouldn't be looking at PRs, so NYCM sounds like a good choice for me. Just a great event. On the other hand, if I register now ($265 US) and reserve lodging (deposit required), but I end up not being able to go (because of my shitty body) I'll lose big $$. This has happened too often to me and I simply can't afford it anymore. Wow... I think I've just identified for the first time one of my own First World problems. Where is that thread, now? 

Or register for the Monumental in Indianapolis and run with me. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FFS, I just realized the entry fee isn't $265 after all, it's $347! Are you kidding me?!

For NY?  Probably because you're not an American?

Damaris

happylily

Or register for the Monumental in Indianapolis and run with me. 

Same weekend?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't remember that but yeah, it's weird!   I had my psoas cut as part of my hip surgery so I am very acutely aware of what my psoas is doing at any point of the day lol

And I have all sorts of left/right imbalances from surgery but I don't know WTF you did to yourself there lol  My right quad is still visibly smaller than my left!

Are you still doing Pilates?  I did something yesterday that reminded me of you.  Something with the hips and groin.  Oh, and I rode a horse (well, just the barrel).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Same weekend?

Oui.  Samedi.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hope my French is good enough to have said Saturday.

Damaris

happylily

And, Indianapolis, Indiana? I heard that people are weird there...  

Hip Redux

Are you still doing Pilates?  I did something yesterday that reminded me of you.  Something with the hips and groin.  Oh, and I rode a horse (well, just the barrel).

YES!  I love it.  I go once a week, because that's all I can afford. lol

happylily

Oui.  Samedi.

Excellent, mademoiselle!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

YES!  I love it.  I go once a week, because that's all I can afford. lol

Marjorie will confirm that once a week is enough.  I just like to destress doing it and hubby owed me big time when we moved to Orlando to only come back here.  Dealing with cancelling our apartment was enough for a year of Pilates every day.

Damaris

LRB

I'm as twisted as a pretzel. lol

My right calf is slightly bigger than my left calf despite being left-handed because I spend so much time driving. 

LRB

Same weekend?

November 7, maybe I'll see you in NYC in 2016.

Hip Redux

Marjorie will confirm that once a week is enough.  I just like to destress doing it and hubby owed me big time when we moved to Orlando to only come back here.  Dealing with cancelling our apartment was enough for a year of Pilates every day.

I think the instructor went to some sort of refresher class or something because she came back from vacation with a real WTF OMG session.   lol