Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

November 7, maybe I'll see you in NYC in 2016.

They probably moved it because Saturday is Halloween and it's the first Saturday of the month, no?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the instructor went to some sort of refresher class or something because she came back from vacation with a real WTF OMG session.   lol

Mine said "I learned this yesterday" and proceeded to hang me from the side of the barrel like I knew what I was doing.  My sides are still sore.

Damaris

LRB

They probably moved it because Saturday is Halloween and it's the first Saturday of the month, no?

I have no idea. So long as it's 30 degrees and sunny I'm good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have no idea. So long as it's 30 degrees and sunny I'm good.

Did you NOT read onemile's RR? It was in the teens for the feels like or in the 20s or something bad.  And I was jealous.  Their wind was not as bad as Sunday.

Damaris

LRB

Did you NOT read onemile's RR? It was in the teens for the feels like or in the 20s or something bad. 

Yes, if you have seen any of my race pics you know I have no issues with that. Zero.

B-Plus

Lily - You know you're going to register.

LRB - Monumental? What happened to STWM?

If I run a sub-2:55 or sub-1:23 this year, I'll apply for the leftover guaranteed entry for 2016. Unless I quit running by then.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Treadmill again. 15 min easy + 20 minutes tempo-ish + 15 min easy.  I don't know why I bother with the stupid footpod, other than I want some miles in Garmin Connect.  And it really screws up your pace if you forget to turn off the GPS. I have a heck of a time getting a signal outside in the front of my house, but it had a signal in the back and in the basement. So I spent the first 6 minutes at a blistering 46 minute/mile pace before I realized the GPS was on.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And, Indianapolis, Indiana? I heard that people are weird there...  

We THREE could meet up for a most memorable FE 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Treadmill again. 15 min easy + 20 minutes tempo-ish + 15 min easy.  I don't know why I bother with the stupid footpod, other than I want some miles in Garmin Connect.  And it really screws up your pace if you forget to turn off the GPS. I have a heck of a time getting a signal outside in the front of my house, but it had a signal in the back and in the basement. So I spent the first 6 minutes at a blistering 46 minute/mile pace before I realized the GPS was on.

That's weird.  When I want to get a signal while inside like when it's really cold out I cannot, when I accidentally touch the stupid thing however when putting it away I can.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie will confirm that once a week is enough.  I just like to destress doing it and hubby owed me big time when we moved to Orlando to only come back here.  Dealing with cancelling our apartment was enough for a year of Pilates every day.

Yes once a week is enough. I've done once a week for years now. I pay for private lessons but it is worth it. I don't think I could fit in another day with running and work and travel.

Marjorie

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's weird.  When I want to get a signal while inside like when it's really cold out I cannot, when I accidentally touch the stupid thing however when putting it away I can.

Yea, I never seem to be able to get a signal in the house when I want one--same thing, I don't feel like standing on my porch in the cold waiting for it. I wonder how this looks to the prospective home buyers next door when I am standing on the front walk staring at something in my hand while dressed in really bright spandex.

Hip Redux

When I used my garmin, I would turn it on and leave it on the windowsill to find a signal while I finished getting ready.   That way, I'm not standing at the end of my driveway looking like a weirdo.

My TomTom finds a signal pretty fast, so I haven't yet had to resort to the windowsill yet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My garmin 220 has no issues finding signal, it only acts up if it needs updating, still so happy I purchased it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

When I used my garmin, I would turn it on and leave it on the windowsill to find a signal while I finished getting ready.   That way, I'm not standing at the end of my driveway looking like a weirdo.

My TomTom finds a signal pretty fast, so I haven't yet had to resort to the windowsill yet.

Is that like two proper names or one word?

B-Plus

We THREE could meet up for a most memorable FE 

FE = ??