Beginners and Beyond

May I have this DAILIES? (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Super busy day at work even though I am working from home, so this is the first chance I have to check with y'all.  18.10 miles, last 8 on the TM due to the heat done.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Feeling like the hardcore slacker..

Last nights workout was only 5 miles - (only not that long ago that wasn't 'only'.)

3.5 this morning - easy peasy...

(in race season so miles are way down... as prescribed Wink

LRB

I got 7.5 miles done in some just gorgeous weather!  I love this time of year for running...oh, and I ate breakfast today so I am not starving for a change!  lol

Busy day, be back later.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

StepbyStep - that is one of the reasons I couldn't fall back to sleep......but sometimes I just don't care, dorian had gas pains again last night so I didn't get much sleep. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Closed circuit to Dave and Rick: Found out the favorite to win the Fargo Marathon is the same guy who won in Dearborn earlier this year.

- Andrew

LRB

Closed circuit to Dave and Rick: Found out the favorite to win the Fargo Marathon is the same guy who won in Dearborn earlier this year.

Win a marathon in back to back months?  They need to check is biological passport.  lol

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Win a marathon in back to back months?  They need to check is biological passport.  lol

Yeah, it looks like he runs about a 2:23 or so. He won 10 marathons in 2011, mainly small to medium sized ones.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warm rain, nice D2!

But you still got to stay home, FreeSoul, right?  I need to get that winning lottery ticket so I can be a runner of leisure.

I don't think 'slow' is in your vocabulary, Lily.  Good luck with your miles today.

Well, Andrew, at least you didn't puke on the TM, that's something!   Good luck with the house.

Good luck with your shorter distances and faster splits, Zelanie.

Congrats on your run, DaveP.   Sad about the deer.

Good luck with the diet changes, Step.  I need to do that myself, I tend to eat way too much fast food stuff.

A combo run of outside and TM, Damaris?   Congrats on getting your miles in.

"Only' 5 miles, lol, Slymoon.  I wish it was 'only' for me, but that's a long way to go for me these days.  Congrats on your PRESCRIBED race season miles.

Congrats on your miles and your weather, LRB.  Too bad about breakfast, I'm sure that Japanese place will be missing you. OTOH, at least they will have enough food today for everyone else... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

LRB - Mild and moderate sounds nice for a change. Mild, moderate May ... nice alliteration.

That is nice, and we are not really asking for much.

Sounds like a place i want to live D2!

That is pretty weird DP.  Not sure why them things don't look both ways before crossing like other animals do, intead of bolting out into traffic like their ass is on fire.

April was just about right for me FS, although I raced three times in 31 days so that might have something to do with it.

lily, the taper is going to work magic for you.  That is all you need is fresh legs and the rest will take care of itself.

Didn't you mean one too many drinks Drew?

Nice work on the reps Zel, "R" reps take practice to hit consistently.  The key is to fully recover between reps however long that takes, could be 200 meters, 400 or 600 or even walking.  If you are recovering for a set distance or time there is no way a set of 8 or 10 will be identical because you will just wear down.  Remember that next time.

Hello Meaghan and D!

'Sup BBB, Scotty & Moon!

LRB

Yeah, it looks like he runs about a 2:23 or so. He won 10 marathons in 2011, mainly small to medium sized ones.

The guy who won the Martian last year was on a roll like that, probably the same dude.

StepbyStep-SH

The guy who won the Martian last year was on a roll like that, probably the same dude.

There is a guy in our running club who is fast, but not that fast - he runs right around 3:00-3:10 - but he goes to a lot of very small marathons, and I think one year he won 3 marathons in three consecutive weeks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

There is a guy in our running club who is fast, but not that fast - he runs right around 3:00-3:10 - but he goes to a lot of very small marathons, and I think one year he won 3 marathons in three consecutive weeks.

I could see eyeing smaller races to do just that if I were him!  And good luck on the diet, with race goals as a motivator I have had great success with the scale.  Focus on your race goals and you will too!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - the trick is getting up early enough to get out and run and then back in bed  I could easily wait until 5:30 or 6 AM to run and then take a shower and head to work but screw that lol.

LRB - I don't think I raced at all during April.

Somehow I have been flamboozled (or whatever) into registering for a half marathon this month.... the Owensboro Half Marathon on May 24, saw a friend on FB talking about signing up for it and I got the urge... looked at my medal rack and thought "I need another half marathon medal damn it". 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

The Martian only had 360 Marathon finishers, so definitely a small one, and presumably a lot less competitive.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

The Martian only had 360 Marathon finishers, so definitely a small one, and presumably a lot less competitive.

Fargo has about 2000 registered. Course record is 2:19:55 set back in 2010. Definitely competitive since there's some prize money, but it won't attract any real big names.

- Andrew